ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/40/16 tyre reviews

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Having bought a set of new wheels for my Dci it's time for tyres too.

The marks/types i'm particularly curious about are:
Continental sport contact 2
Pirelli p zero nero
Yokohama s.drive

I have had toyo t1-r's in the past and while they stick like mad in the dry they suck in wet and wear realy fast, i've experience with the pirelli's too which i realy like but being the most expensive out of all of them i'm wondering if anyone has experience with these tyres?

Back to back would be even better ofcourse!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Out of them 3 Pzeros every time. Loved mine, got pushed very hard on the road. Dry grip was superb, very progressive and could still have fun with them. Wet grip was again superb, never felt like they were going to let go.

Fronts saw approx 12-13k of very abusive miles and even around 15-16 1/4 runs at a drag day. Rears still looked like new.

Another vote for P Zero Neros.

Have had them for a couple of months and can't fault them at all. Although going from the bald super skids I had before the tread movement suprised me at first but I'd buy them again.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Iv had nothing better than vredestein sportrak 3s. Pretty decent price too.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Ps3 and vs3 are not available in this size. Thanks for your opinions though!

forgot sp9000, any experience with them?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Sportrak 5s are in that size, they should be awesome. Never really heard anything bad about Vredestein tyres.