ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18s good or really bad idea

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hi i have a 172 cup and thinking have turinis most of the time but get a set of 18s for cruises to look pimp my questions are

will they fit straght on its lower 40mm on apex springs

will they damage any working parts of the car

will it still look beach buggy even thoght lowered it 40mm (lowest i can get with out coilovers)

will it make it about as fast as a tractor

personally i think it will look w**k. They will fit, tho probably look silly only lowered 40mm. Would never go above 16's on a clio.

i dont think 17s look to bad but guess it will look really high on 18s

this is what it looked like on 17s do you think it would look that much differrant

20.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
reall bad idea imo

will it still look beach buggy even thoght lowered it 40mm (lowest i can get with out coilovers)

will it make it about as fast as a tractor

both true!!

cock mobile.
The 17s look bad enough :dead: no need to make it even worse!!

Why did you buy the Cup version to "pimp" it up :dead:

like the col and ff 172 you cant get in that blue i think the blue looks really nice

sh33n what car and wheels do you have

tbh i think those 17's look too big, but can undertsnad them being liked for the big wheel look,but 18's would really be over the top

cock mobile.
Richard clio cup said:
like the col and ff 172 you cant get in that blue i think the blue looks really nice

sh33n what car and wheels do you have

DC5 with std wheels.

not getting 18s then

has anyone got pics of a clio on 18s so i would of know how wrong it would of looked

cock mobile.
Richard clio cup said:
cool i do like 17s and 16s i just think 16 inch turinis look so small

17" Turini's would look far nicer than the current alloys imo, as they don't look that big on, because of the way they are designed.

Plus they are a relatively light weight wheel, so no worry about massive speed issues, only the change in handaling characteristics.

Glad we talked you out of it though :approve:

Richard clio cup said:

Thanks.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nope, cant find them anywhere. It was badinvincible who posted them, it was a cup with 18" Kahn RSRs that was based at a body shop in Edinburgh. Saw it once myself and whilst it looked ok it must have ruined the drive! Also made it sit too far off the ground even though thw arch was really close to the wheel

sh33n said:
Glad we talked you out of it though :approve:

yeah dont know what i was thinking i needed a slap with a wet fish

ps sold those 17s a while ago only had them for a week:)

cock mobile.
I think they're 18s, it doesn't look that bad tbh, I expected worse, but the Cups about go not show :approve:

Richard clio cup said:
yeah dont know what i was thinking i needed a slap with a wet fish

ps sold those 17s a while ago only had them for a week:)

see like i said what was i thinking

V

v11ous

18S DONT LOOK CRAP THEY LOOK REALY PIMP SPECILLY WHEN ITS LOWERD ON -40M MY FREIND HAD IT ON HIS 172 TRUST ME EVERY LOVED IT BUT ITS DOWN TO WHAT YOU WANT. dONT LISSEN TO ANY ONE ON HERE IL GET YOU THE PIC AND YOU CAN SEE FOR YOUR SELF. PS IT DOESNT SLOW IT BY DAT MUCH WHEN HE HAD HIS 18S ON HE STILL WAS LEAVING 33O CI AND EVERY THING ELSE

Clio 182 (Petrol Blue)
Well i dont think it matters what size wheel you have. Modding cars is about having taste and creating something thats original, something thats stands out from the croud. If you choose the right 18`s and drop it the right height your bound to impress, but if you choose the wrong 18`s and don`t get the drop just right you might as well save your money and slap on a few Max Power stickers!!

v11ous said:
18S DONT LOOK CRAP THEY LOOK REALY PIMP SPECILLY WHEN ITS LOWERD ON -40M MY FREIND HAD IT ON HIS 172 TRUST ME EVERY LOVED IT BUT ITS DOWN TO WHAT YOU WANT. dONT LISSEN TO ANY ONE ON HERE IL GET YOU THE PIC AND YOU CAN SEE FOR YOUR SELF. PS IT DOESNT SLOW IT BY DAT MUCH WHEN HE HAD HIS 18S ON HE STILL WAS LEAVING 33O CI AND EVERY THING ELSE

1. "pimp" ? oh please this is the uk and its a Renault its not the US and not an impala, escalade, maybach.. (insert any bus favoured by the hip hop fraternity) "rollin on dubz"

2. By everyone i assume you mean the collection of spotty, uneducated, baseball cap and sov adorned moron's at the local maccy d's.

3. So by saying not to listen to anyone on here i assume that means you included, if so thats not bad advice ;)

4. Here's 50p run along and buy yourself a clue. 18s DO effect ride, handling and acceleration. Unsprung rotational mass (wheels) has a huge effect. I had a 172 i fitted 17s and when i took them off i realised how much i'd spoilt the car 18s will be worse again.

5. FYI

th_CapsLock.jpg

Vectra :(
v11ous said:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!....No futher comments :)

I would save the money you would be spending on the 18s mate and go for coilovers and 15s, will make it look much much better when slammed on 15s

The Beast MK4
v11ous said:

:lolup: Almost crying with laughter at that pish.