ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wont hold standard tracking settings!

182 clio
My car has had the tracking done by two different company's now and both times the car wont hold the settings. The result being that the car still pulls to the left really bad! I have checked the tyre pressures, checked track rod ends, lower arms etc any ideas guys?

182ff
Hi Stuart have you tried changing the two front tyres around left on right and right on left etc?,i had this problem on my subaru sti classic and apparently the term is called "cording" and is due to a fault in the manufacture of the tyre.
I hope this helps i had the wheel alignment done 3 times and checked and checked and it was driving me mad until i tried this and then it drove A1.
This should work,give it a try,cheers nashers.

182 clio
ive tried changing the wheels from the front to the back, ive looked at the suspension arm etc everything seems to be as it should.

182 clio
the only other idea i thought of is to get a geometry test done, does any one know of any descent places to go for this in the Solihull/Birmingham area?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
have you checked the rear springs bearings ect? have you had it adjusted then driven up the road and checked straight after? what gauges are they using? does the steering wheel sit off centre?

182 clio
The steering wheel sits straight bang on centre, don't know what gauges they are using, i have had it adjusted two times by the same company both times i have driven up the road after and the car is throwing the settings out!

Cooksport Fleet
What sort of alignment equipment was used?

2 wheel or 4 wheel?

Rear beam could be a little bent, most places don't usually check the rear.

182 clio
What sort of alignment equipment was used?

2 wheel or 4 wheel?

Rear beam could be a little bent, most places don't usually check the rear.

it was a 4 wheel alignment, can't recall the make of the equipment, interesting thought about the rear beam

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
it the rear beam was bent wouldnt change the setting once setup. theres movment in someting have you check all the joints,topmounts and springs?