ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wierd brake noise

When I reverse off my drive when the car has been stood all night it feels like the brakes are stuck on and it makes a loud clunking noise... Does anyone else get this?

yup mine does it too - depends on how long it has been standing though - hardly ever take it out of the garage at weekends, and on Monday I usually get some kind of small clunk from the brakes when it moves.

Guess its the pads sticking to the discs with a bit of rust or whatever - nowt to worry about IMO

Matt

Sometimes mine does this if i wash it and then dont drive it for a few hours.

Just the brakes sticking on, dampness and all that.

Wouldnt worry too much unless they dont clunk and you can move!

yeh just the pads sticking coz of the wet and rust, all my cars have done it when left to stand for a while

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Mine does this but the car only gets used once or twice a week so its sitting in the garage for long periods.When the weather is warmer i never put it in the garage after washing before taking it for a spin to dry the brakes off first.

If the brakes are dry then no problems,as above i think its probably a bit of surface rust.

Boz

Arctic 182

Yes its normal, as guys say above its the rear brake pads sticking to the discs. If you park on the flat, try not putting your handbrake on (just leave in gear) and it wont do it (not that it hurts anyway).

PS : Dont sue me if your car rolls down a hill !