ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Width v V6

Looking in the renault sport brochure it lists the width of the 182 as 1940mm and the V6 as 1830mm, is this correct? The Vee visually looks wider to me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

does a vee fit through a single garage door? or not? often wondered, as if I get one later on will I need a double (larger) garage door?

Thanks James, that confirms the brochure is wrong as they look to have quoted the V6 width against the 182. I was getting worried as my garage door is only 2030mm wide and my missus ripped the passenger side mirror off the old VTR... twice... :confused:

Does anyone have the correct width for a 182? is it 1830mm?

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 02 September 2005

does a vee fit through a single garage door? or not? often wondered, as if I get one later on will I need a double (larger) garage door?
It fits through my single garage door!

Wing mirror tip to wing mirror tip its no wider than a 172. My old 172 went through out drive gates with an inch to spare, and the Vee just fits through the same space. Mind you, you have to watch out for the front arches and side pods when youre trying to squeeze it into a tight driveway!!

The car will fit into a single garage, but you gotta be careful about those side pods & be really careful trying to open the door to get out. Ive banged mine a couple of times, which has left a tattly looking mark on the edge of the door. Might also help if your slim & can squeeze out of small places.:)

Ford Fiesta

i always thought they were the same if you are going mirror to mirrow edges.

Quote: Originally posted by hog1 on 05 September 2005
A tidy garage is the sign of a sick mind!

garages are not designed to be tidy - they are designed to hold all the spare bits and toys...

/y0z

Yeh, wait until his missus does a car boot sale or has nowhere to put the old Chrissy decs in January.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

LOL ... that was when the garage was still being finished and was basically empty. Since then Ive painted the walls and floor, put up cupboards and a work surface, and then filled it up with tools, paint, bikes etc.. Still loads of room for the Vee tho :D Made sure that there was a new loft above the bedrooms above the garage to take all the Xmas decs ;)

Havent got any pictures other than these ones from the other week when the Vee was cleaned for the first time in months ...

http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/Clean-1.jpg
http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/Clean-2.jpg

Just jealous Andy, I have two garages, one holds two Clios [V6 & 182] and the other holds 3 cars and two bikes plus lofts full of Chrissy decs, etc. Both garages look like they been hit by a Tsunami on Boogy Street, New Orleans! The Clios only ever get cleaned when there is an R in the month. Nice snaps.