ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wheels

Do all 182s come with anthracite wheels or do these come with the cup pack?

I thought they were part of the cup pack but every dealer Ive visited says they come standard but I think theyre talking crap.

Cheers, thats what I thought.

Sum of Renaults salesman really are clueless, yesterday I got told the 182 was insurance group 22 and another one today said group 20, I had 2correct them both.

Are the silver wheels/tyres the same width as the cup ones?

Can the cup suspension be fitted for the same price aftermarket?

The insurance group is 16D. The wheels and tyres are the same dimension on standard and Cup suspension. The difference is obviously the colour, but also the tyre sidewall is stiffer on the Cup pack. The suspension cant be done afterwards (unless you wanted to pay a fortune)

surely if the salesman tells u that there standard n it turns up with out them u can demand that there put on just a thought

I got a feeling some people will be driving around thinking they have the cup pack and not actually had the suspension tweeked at all.

I might be talking rubbish, but I recall reading somewhere that the anthracite wheels on the cup pack are a different offset to the silver ones??

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 08 March 2004

I got a feeling some people will be driving around thinking they have the cup pack and not actually had the suspension tweeked at all.
Interesting point. Is there an easy way to tell?

Ithink the salesman was totally unaware of the cup pack option.

The 182 in the showroom was obviously fitted with the cup pack and the stupid dick thought all 182s came like that.

He told me I was thinking about the 172 when i told him it had silver wheels.

As for insurance group they really have no excuse as its in the 2004 renault price list!

He also told me the car was about was about £16k which is also Bull sh*t!

Ive ordered an import anyway, I was checkin the car out, n I am verry impressed with what I C!!! Cant wait2 put the foot down!

Quote: Originally posted by adder on 08 March 2004

doh, the colour of the wheels :D
So grey wheels proves that the suspension is different come on you havent had much dealings with renaul have you. I got sold an import under false pretenses, when i said i was giving it back becasue the handbook was in dutch they said that was the mistake and offered me an english handbook. The sellers will do anything to sell the car, what i want to know is - How obvious is it to check the suspension to make sure its of the cup specification?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The whole thing is called a cup pack,the castor angle has been moved 3 degrees more,the tyres have stiffer side walls and the springs and dampers are stiffer than that of a cup giving better handling they say,as for the offset i doubt they would change it for that.

Good point though,once you pick up your cup pack clio 182 how do you know if the suspesion is uprated,really.?

ian

Thanks Jeremy, just thought it might make a difference if you fitted the silver wheels with the cup pack if they were different offset.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 09 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by adder on 08 March 2004

doh, the colour of the wheels :D
So grey wheels proves that the suspension is different come on you havent had much dealings with renaul have you. I got sold an import under false pretenses, when i said i was giving it back becasue the handbook was in dutch they said that was the mistake and offered me an english handbook. The sellers will do anything to sell the car, what i want to know is - How obvious is it to check the suspension to make sure its of the cup specification?
^^^^ WHAT HE SAID!

I mean...without driving both the 182s (with Cup AND WITHOUT Cup pack) how am I going to actually KNOW! I cant see me measuring 3 degress of castor angle.

scribbler I think youre geting a bit paranoid old boy!

Do you honestly think theres loads of dealers out there with a stack of anthracite wheels ready to bung on and con people into thinking theyve got the cup suspension? Get real, the wheels alone will be more than £200 to buy!

Which proves 2 points if you ask me.

- youre daft not getting the cup suspension

- and youre dafter still getting a grey import when dealer prices are so close..........

Im not suspicious that they would do it on purpose they dont have the inteligence to come up with a plan of that magnitude. Its the f**ktards that you place your trust in ordering right through to assembly and delivery. Renault will make mistakes trust me they are incompetant of 100% efficiency. I would just sooner there be some safeguard regards checking than just some idiots say so. After all most renault salesman dont know what a torx bolt/screw is, Nevermind caster pitch. Im not conserned about paying the extra £300 thats irelivant what is relivant is a 182 with the suspension setup wrong is a waste of money. Ive had enough trips back to renault to sort out problems of their cause to last me a lifetime.

Mondeo STTDCI

On the plus side I read somewhere on here that changing the suspension after production from standard to Cup is nigh on impossible. IF they do f**k up it might be new 182 time.

Just working out how the f**k Joe Bloggs can tell the difference!