ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 VS FRP

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can no probs! Nice mcDonalds, Naith usually has nothing to do either! I'll text him!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Good man! Now you're serious, I'll have to see if I can! LOL.

Should be able to though! What time?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well i'm hoping to be leaving reading about 11am at the latest!

Route planner says 3hours 20mins roughly!

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I've got a 182 and i find it very Bland. The only reason I brought it was to travel up and down the country in it in a comftable plessent way with a bit of sportyness. In standard trim the guttless as hell under 5k witch is why I re mapped mine and now its alot better.

I also own a re-mapped Ph1 172 Witch just about blows the 182 out the water in ever aspect bar comfot, but thats my own fault becuase i stripped it out to use as a track day car.

I would honnestly say keep the puma, The price of 182's is falling like crazy, and i bet your puma isn't far off, if not better than a 182 in standard trim anyway (handleing, Speed and stopping)

Plus apart from the caliper rebuilds the FRP is a bomp proof car

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He couldn't even have read the first post.

So what about tomorrow Brother?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've no idea! After 2pm anyway not sure if that helps!

MCS R56
I've got a 182 and i find it very Bland. The only reason I brought it was to travel up and down the country in it in a comftable plessent way with a bit of sportyness. In standard trim the guttless as hell under 5k witch is why I re mapped mine and now its alot better.

I also own a re-mapped Ph1 172 Witch just about blows the 182 out the water in ever aspect bar comfot, but thats my own fault becuase i stripped it out to use as a track day car.

I would honnestly say keep the puma, The price of 182's is falling like crazy, and i bet your puma isn't far off, if not better than a 182 in standard trim anyway (handleing, Speed and stopping)

Really?!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I agree, he should keep a car he picks up tomorrow, he would be insane to get rid of a car he hasnt signed the V5 for yet.

./ Christ

MX-5
Glad you've decided for the FRP. I love my Trophy but there's just something about the Racing Puma.

Had a quick drive in one and a fast passenger ride a few weeks ago at Zig Zag and while the Trophy hands the FRP its wide arched arse in a straight line, the FRP has pretty much the same handling though it is twitchier (DO NOT back off if you think you've over cooked it, it will swap ends!) The ride is also a bit harder but not by much.

It looks alot better, sounds better with its pops etc and also brakes so much better it's criminal. Mine are uprated and but it makes them feel like I haven't even applied them. Trouble is I now really need 4 pots for the Clio!

Yes the interior is a bit gaudy but in my opinion the seats hold you better and it's considerably better built.

Plus I think there are only around 360ish left? Makes it nearly as rare as the V6.

I'm also a standard Puma owner, have been for many years. No power but if you can keep the momentum up there's rewards to be had by the bucketload, especially with that gearchange!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Glad you've decided for the FRP. I love my Trophy but there's just something about the Racing Puma.

Had a quick drive in one and a fast passenger ride a few weeks ago at Zig Zag and while the Trophy hands the FRP its wide arched arse in a straight line, the FRP has pretty much the same handling though it is twitchier (DO NOT back off if you think you've over cooked it, it will swap ends!) The ride is also a bit harder but not by much.

It looks alot better, sounds better with its pops etc and also brakes so much better it's criminal. Mine are uprated and but it makes them feel like I haven't even applied them. Trouble is I now really need 4 pots for the Clio!

Yes the interior is a bit gaudy but in my opinion the seats hold you better and it's considerably better built.

Plus I think there are only around 360ish left? Makes it nearly as rare as the V6.

I'm also a standard Puma owner, have been for many years. No power but if you can keep the momentum up there's rewards to be had by the bucketload, especially with that gearchange!
No, you really, really don't. Uprated pads/discs/lines, done.

Clio 172
You're going to love that FRP.

Only issue is the Alcon's and they need a service every year. I know a bloke who spent a grand servicing the fronts! (inc caliper service together with discs and pads)

Quite possibly one of the best handling cars out there, it might not be great in a straightline but get it around some corners and it'll put a smile on your face.

Paul and Jo over at Zippy Racing (www.zippyracing.co.uk) have a bunch of Ford 909 parts for them, and up until recently had a bunch of brand new original FRP LSD's that came with a select few if yours didn't have it.

A couple of months ago Ford sold off their FRP stock to local distributors so it'll be a b**ch to get parts for them from Ford.

Ollie Clarke over at OCMotorsport does wonders with the Ford range if you ever look to do something else with it.

Well done on the purchase mate, you won't look back, however that motorway run is going to be a b**ch, long runs are uncomfortable apparently.

Italian 3.2 V6
CBA to read through all 264 posts but tbh..

Keep the FRP (looks very tidy, I like alot!)

or buy a mint 172cup For sub 4k. Seriously it's not worth spending anymore money on a PH2 1*2 IMO. I'm going to be on my 4th Clio this Sunday and I'm 'downgrading' to a Ph1 172 ;) from a FF LY 182.

If I was u I'd stay put, save and buy a V6 (a real Clio ;) )

PSJ.

172 + derv 206
you will never lose on a frp mate i have recently purchased one, and its brillant, its at home on a b road, country lane, the extra track just helps it to feel so much more stable on a spirited drive. while it may not be as fast as other cars like the integra, its definately exclusive, had so many people giving me thumbs up the last couple of weeks its unreal, even the odd cossie driver looking twice!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
you must tell me asap once it is yours. where are you getting it from?
Guys from surrey, picking it up in reading!

Ah so it was you mate! I seen the pictures!

I seen no.14 for sale but it's not as tidy as the one I'm buying I don't think! :)
Ah thank you!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
spot on mate, you wont regret it. I got the missus to take me work in hers today. They sound amazing!!!:D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Leaving on a Jet plane:

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside Munsons door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die for an FRS

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that it won't rust for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Cos i'm going to pick up a fag wagon
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, it'll break down for you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll be in a Puma Rs'in

Tell me that it won't rust for me
Oh babe, I hate to go

Guitar Solo

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I'll be on my way
Dream about the laybys to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

Tell me that it'll never rust for me
Oh baby, I hate to go

Oh babe, I hate to go

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Shame Tom didn't throw that ban hammer at you yesterday!

I'm in Laaaaandan baby! Terminal 5 is fricking cracking! Straight out onto a coach! Most impressed!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But you missus drives one, that means by default that means any man buying makes it a fag wagon!

Care not!

A4 Avant
Good choice Gally. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it once you've picked it up. Enjoy the journey home.

I take it you had to take your missus with you, so you can pretend it's her buying it? And don't forget to check the boot for those items, they were supplied from new, and should be in there.