ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Probably a bit of an old subject, anyway, trophy owners, those of you that have had 172's or 182's, or pref both, how much better are they? ive had a 172 cup and 182 cup, sorta getting an itch again. worthwhile or time to move on?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
pmsl i though you said never again!!!!

See they come running back ;) :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290
i know, the rallye is great but i miss the torque around the corners etc

doubtfull ill get another, but i was just thinking

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I keep thinking about moving on, but there is something about the RS MK2 clio :)

Did you sell your cup to mike?

If so I see it everyday - tis nice, you should get another one!

Seat Leon Cupra 290
yeh i sold my cup to mike, thought he sold it on again?

good car was that, think i liked it more than the 182 cup

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
182 FF's are very cheap at the moment, might be worth a punt if you want another Mk2, or get a Cup and spend the rest on mods. lol

BMW Z4 3.0i
For someone who gets bored of cars, modifying is never the way forward! Money is only lost on modifying cars so a complete waste of money unless you're going to keep it for a decent period of time IMO. If you're someone like myself who gets bored of cars fairly quickly, then put the extra money into a car that's faster or better looking straight off the production line as you'll make more of the money back come time to sell on.

A4 Avant
There is something special about owning a trophy though. V6 owners shall know what I mean.

Everything feels right about the trophy, only let down is the lack of xenons, but i'd still get one over a 182 if I had the cash again.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
If you are after a car that will eat the miles in comfort, get yourself a FF182. The Trophy is superb for having fun on the B roads, but it can get a little tiresome on the long motorway journeys.

In the past month i have been to France, Belgium, all the way around the M25 and the firm suspension and the noise starts to grate on you.

Saying that I went to Norwich the other day from Ipswich and f*** me was that a fun drive, it is mainly single carriageway all the way to Norwich with some wicked long open corners and a few tighter ones, I have never had so much fun.

Not once have I ever regreted getting the Trophy, the looks and questions you get a cool (especially the Chavs that tell you how cool the mods are on the car, and what engine size it has) When you tell them that this is how Renault made them they dont belive you.

I have driven but not owned any other RS model, and I recon that the Trophy is the best of the bunch the only other RS model that comes close to the rawness of the Trophy is the Williams, and both are cult cars in the Renault range.

If you get the chance to own a Trophy you wont be dissapointed.:D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You cannot belive you are in a 10k hatch, the A to B performance is phenominal.
I get sick of hearing it's 'only' a 182,............ thats why it came 1st against everyday sportscars & 3rd against lottery machines. (evo)
The R27 didn't even qualify this year???
If you like posing down the pub get a cupped 182, if you like driving & feedback from the road get a trophy.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
You cannot belive you are in a 10k hatch, the A to B performance is phenominal.
I get sick of hearing it's 'only' a 182,............ thats why it came 1st against everyday sportscars & 3rd against lottery machines. (evo)
The R27 didn't even qualify this year???
If you like posing down the pub get a cupped 182, if you like driving & feedback from the road get a trophy.

LOL you couldnt have put it any better. :D

BMW Z4 3.0i
If you like posing down the pub get a cupped 182

You wouldn't buy any Clio other than a V6 for posing purposes though would you really? If we're really honest, people don't tend to be overwhelmed when you tell them you have a 172/182. Fair or not, it's just the way it is!

Ultra Red Megane 175
I went from a 172 Cup to a Trophy - it's like driving a totally different car and the handling is on a completely different level. The Cup feels spongey in the corners in comparison, you really have to experience it for yourself to know what I mean.

Lee

BMW M2C
Probably a bit of an old subject, anyway, trophy owners, those of you that have had 172's or 182's, or pref both, how much better are they? ive had a 172 cup and 182 cup, sorta getting an itch again. worthwhile or time to move on?

I had a ph2 172 and a 182 with Cup packs before the Trophy.

The way it's away been for me is that both of them were better than the 172. The 182 with cup packs is a great car for the road (seeing as I commute into Brum each day) and fantastic on track. It's an amazing all rounder.

The Trophy is truly amazing on track and on the right road in the right mood it's as envovling a drive as it gets in a hot hatch (similar to my old GTI-6).

I think maybe I'm just getting old, but in all honesty I don't want to drive the Trophy every day. It's hard work on the crappy roads I drive, and the heavy jams I sit in. The crap weather isn't helping and neither is my cold, I just want to get to and from work in comfort. The Trophy doesn't do comfort. The ride is very hard compared to all the other RenaultSport Clios, which is fine for track, but tiring on a normal drive.

However it does feel special, and the seats are amazing. Get a nice day and the right road and you would be grinning from ear to ear.

I don't regret swapping the 182 for the Trophy, but I do think it's time for a change for me soon.

To give you some idea of how much I've enjoyed mine it's coming up to 38k miles!! It should really be on 44k but I piled some miles on a Valver for a couple of months.

CS Dungeon
If you are after a car that will eat the miles in comfort, get yourself a FF182. The Trophy is superb for having fun on the B roads, but it can get a little tiresome on the long motorway journeys.

In the past month i have been to France, Belgium, all the way around the M25 and the firm suspension and the noise starts to grate on you.

Saying that I went to Norwich the other day from Ipswich and f*** me was that a fun drive, it is mainly single carriageway all the way to Norwich with some wicked long open corners and a few tighter ones, I have never had so much fun.

Not once have I ever regreted getting the Trophy, the looks and questions you get a cool (especially the Chavs that tell you how cool the mods are on the car, and what engine size it has) When you tell them that this is how Renault made them they dont belive you.

I have driven but not owned any other RS model, and I recon that the Trophy is the best of the bunch the only other RS model that comes close to the rawness of the Trophy is the Williams, and both are cult cars in the Renault range.

If you get the chance to own a Trophy you wont be dissapointed.:D

FPMSL..............I think you may be getting a bit confused:lolup:

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I'd never get a 182 cup

lol, cheers for that:) (dont see why but anyway)

i have a work van so whatever else i use is used very sparingly, once maybe twice a week, if its dry, etc

cant bring myself to get a bigger car, my old 306 rallye was about as big a car as i ever would of wanted, otherwise i would prob get a bug eye scooby sti

would love ultimately to get a 197 (didnt think that r27's are being sold still?) but the depreciation compared to a trophy which would of lost the bulk of its value after 2-3 years seems more atractive