ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 temp gauge issue

05 Clio 182 inferno
Sorry to bring up a well known issue however I'll puzzle about This one , when I start my car the gauge appears to be working as normal it'll creep up , then when I drive off it seems to sit a tad lower/cooler that normally will occasionally drop the slightest ( I mean minascule) then it'll Creep up but if I stop it'll heat up to operating temp ? Plugged in the code reader and it's giving me nothing code wise does anyone know what sorta values I should be getting from the temp sensor I could use the live data to rule it out ? Or is this common of the thermostat to produce such fault ??

05 Clio 182 inferno
New thermostat time I rekkon. Might aswell chuck a temperature sensor on at same time
Yup I think your right heaters aren't as good as they usually are , plus when am sitting idleing the water pump won't be spinning as fast as when driving so explains why it heats up when sitting , should I just buy off Renault ? Or Is there any aftermarts that are better the OME

James

ClioSport Moderator
Yup I think your right heaters aren't as good as they usually are , plus when am sitting idleing the water pump won't be spinning as fast as when driving so explains why it heats up when sitting , should I just buy off Renault ? Or Is there any aftermarts that are better the OME
I'd imagine they're cheap enough direct from Renault mate