ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 suspension for £600-£700...what do i go for?

renaultsport clio182
wanting to change the suspension on my 182, and just wanting to sharpen everything back up as its 8yr old now, and dosnt feel as sure as as i think it should be. so im sort of on a budget and dont want to be paying out silly money just yet.
i just need to find something around the £600-£700 range, but dont know what to go for as there are that many...any suggestions? :)

All the below genuine renault other than the sportline springs

Shocks
sportlines
top mounts
ball joints
track rods
track rod ends
wishbone bushes
ARB bushes

^^^this is what i would do a full refresh ;)

182+1.5DCI+S2000

Shocks
sportlines
top mounts
ball joints
track rods
track rod ends
wishbone bushes
ARB bushes

how much would something like this cost ?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Im gradually doing this on my 111k 182 FF and genuinely think for the money, standard dampers and sportlines, and OE everything else is a good bet.

I have however gone for powerflex bushes and some Pure Motorsport solid topmounts as I will be tracking it a fair bit this year, but the OE stuff has done fine thus far but is a little tired!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Shocks
sportlines
top mounts
ball joints
track rods
track rod ends
wishbone bushes
ARB bushes

I have just changed most of that on ours, and it definately feels far more like how it should, all these components are goign to have play after a decade of use and its a cumulative effect between them adding to the handling sharpness fading.

Rack as well, but thats a bigger pain to fit, everything on that list though is really straight forward.

Obviously will need re-tracking afterwards of course.