ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 smoking

clio 182
hi purchased the clio 2 month ago was in a bit of a state since then ive put original 182 wheels powder coated in high gloss black new tyres brakes all round and full system scorpion rs 192

also removed all the tints and gave it a full detail so looks mint

spoke with mick at diamond very nice guy and im booking it in to have all belts dephaser done next week

so heres the problem started it this morning to make sure battery ok and there was a lot of smoke left the car running for good half hour still smoking

checked the oil seems little overfilled not running hot or anything though

just wondered if this could be because the car has been stood for ages and not driven

just wanting a little feedback before i orange the pick up truck to take it to diamond motors:D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't leave cars ticking over on idle. Not good for it as the oil doesn't get around properly.

Take it out for a drive, and get someone (mechanically minded) to follow you and spot colour of and timing of smoke, i.e: when you pull away, or when you give it beans in gear.

Blue smoke is oil really obvious as it looks out of place, white is usually steam so water vapour and perfectly normal especially when it's cold outside (or you're on fire...), and black is over-fuelling.

2005 Clio 182
I think first call drain the oil to the correct level and have a top up bottle available for after you take it for a spin and allow the oil to return back to the sump.
to much oil is just as bad as to little and you dont want to hydraulic it.
If you are unsure of how to do so im pretty sure there will be a guide of how to change the oil on here if not let me know and i will get some pictures and make a guide tomorrow.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Are you saying the exhaust is new?

If so, my RS192 was smoking for qutie a while too, just cutting oils etc burning off.

Ph1
Personally id cancel the belts for a few weeks until you can be sure its not burning oil. You don't want to be paying twice if there is a issue.

Drain the oil so its to the correct level and use the car, take it on a long run to clean it out and see if its burning or using oil still afterwards