ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 running very rough/stuttering on start up after new cat gasket fitted?

E85 3.0i
Right...

Fitted a new manifold/cat gasket and compression bolt kit yesterday (last owner had used 17mm bolts and nuts, niiiiiice) anyhow was a pain to do with getting the old cups out but all done...

Went to drive it afterwards and the EML is on, it had gone off since having cat fe-fitted. When accelerating, it feels like the car is stuttering/limited and doesn't want to rev - however once it's warmed up a bit it feels fine.

Lambda sensor is fine doens't look like it's been knocked - any ideas?!?!

Thanks

Williams 2 & 200
Did you get anywhere with this as i'm having a similar issue (spluttering when cold fine after that) after replacing my new gasket and fitting decat?

Last edited:
  E85 3.0i
Turned out by sealing up the systme had highlighted that both the sensors we're knacked mate.

2 new lambda's later and it was spot on.

HTH

Williams 2 & 200
Hmm OK cheers for that, that confirms what i thought tbh. Stupidly I removed the mani Lambda for no reason and I reckon this is the one causing the issue because when i fiddled with he wires while the engine was running it seemed to sort itself out. ah well new Lambda at pay day!