ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rev limiter

182/ 172 Cup
Is there any way i can remove/stop the limiter coming in early when the engines is so called not up to tempreture? mine seems to stay on for ages, even when the gauge reads normal it still stays on for an annoying amount of time. also even after a long drive if i stop at a petrol station for just a minute or so its back on!!!! im goin santa pod soon and i dont want this ruining my runs up against my mates!!! could my temp sensor be f*cked? any help appreciated.

ITB'd 182...
Needs a good 10 mins to warm the oil up usually

I try not to rev my car over 3k until i've been driving at leas 10/15 mins

If you press the botton on the end of the stalk. Ignition on. Engine on. Engine off. Stalk button. Engine on. Stalk button. Stalk button. Engine off.

Then turn it back on again and it should beep and your dash will display "REV1". It's very bad for your engine though, so I don't recommend you do it.

ITB'd 182...
lol

REV1

Think ive seen that a few times, I thought it was my car talking to me in some weird kind of Knight rider way??

rps13
peak power is at 6900 anyway, smash the limiter in when you're on the track or racing dude

Arctic Just A 182
Needs a good 10 mins to warm the oil up usually

I try not to rev my car over 3k until i've been driving at leas 10/15 mins

Is that a general rule of thumb, or is it ok to just wait until the temp needle settles in the middle? I only ask as my temp gauge seems to reach normal within 4 mins of starting.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Is that a general rule of thumb, or is it ok to just wait until the temp needle settles in the middle? I only ask as my temp gauge seems to reach normal within 4 mins of starting.

even if the needless 1/2 up it may still not be fully warm.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
If you press the botton on the end of the stalk. Ignition on. Engine on. Engine off. Stalk button. Engine on. Stalk button. Stalk button. Engine off.

Then turn it back on again and it should beep and your dash will display "REV1". It's very bad for your engine though, so I don't recommend you do it.
what the hell is this all about lol

182/ 172 Cup
i would never thrash my car when cold, i understand why its there to protect the engine, but after a 25 30 min drive to work 20miles or so if i switch the engine off just for a couple of mins its back on!! does no one have any prob with it at pod etc? i take it the stalk thing isnt true???

53 Clio's & counting
Is there any way i can remove/stop the limiter coming in early when the engines is so called not up to tempreture? mine seems to stay on for ages, even when the gauge reads normal it still stays on for an annoying amount of time. also even after a long drive if i stop at a petrol station for just a minute or so its back on!!!! im goin santa pod soon and i dont want this ruining my runs up against my mates!!! could my temp sensor be f*cked? any help appreciated.

possible a temp sensor mate, the rev limiter works off water temp, so at pod you wont need to worry about that limiter because with your engine on and in that line you will be marm enough lol

mines the same, sometimes if i park up for 5 mins then come back out the limiter cuts in easrly, but after a few secs its back to normal, and remeber why its there

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i would never thrash my car when cold, i understand why its there to protect the engine, but after a 25 30 min drive to work 20miles or so if i switch the engine off just for a couple of mins its back on!! does no one have any prob with it at pod etc? i take it the stalk thing isnt true???

Did you try it?

Arctic Just A 182
I'll give it a go tomorrow as it only takes me 15 mins to get to work; just when the fun should start ;)

182/ 172 Cup
possible a temp sensor mate, the rev limiter works off water temp, so at pod you wont need to worry about that limiter because with your engine on and in that line you will be marm enough lol

mines the same, sometimes if i park up for 5 mins then come back out the limiter cuts in easrly, but after a few secs its back to normal, and remeber why its there

do clios suffer heat soak?