ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Recall's

GW 200
Hi, I got my 182 in april this year and since then heard about the bonnet catch recall. I had this replaced at Evans Halshaw Renault in Doncaster. However I've had a look on the VOSA site for any more recalls related to the 182 but all it says for most is 'Clio' :(

Could anyone please advise if any of the below list (or anymore, not mentioned) relate to my 182. Mines a 54 plate cup packed 182.

OTS 0561 / 0A8F - Loss of brake servo assist
0A2M - Accelerator cable may snap
0A3R - Possibility of one of the airbag security bolts missing causing faulty airbag deployment
0A4Z - unstable idle and engine hesitation
OAAH - possible breakage of front suspension arm

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated :D

Titanium 182
0A2M - Accelerator cable may snap

That wont affect you dude as you don't have a cable throttle lol.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The bonnet catch recall was due to lack of maintenance causing the safety catch to stick and allow the bonnet to fly up. The same catch is still fitted to new vehicles. My Nissan van has same catch mechanism. Its good idea to spray all the moving parts with silicone spray regularly,especially once the winter starts so it all stays free moving.

GW 200
thanks fella's.

That just leaves the airbag and unstable idle/engine hesitation. Anyone know about these?

Also heard something about a wipers recall?? :S

ReanultSport Clio 182
I have a 05 182 and the car was recall for a potentially dangerous windscreen wiper motor. Said they can over-heat, however my car wasn't affected and wasn't replaced.

Titanium 182
They all have irregular idle, I wasn't aware that Renault upgraded the ECU to sort it ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
thanks fella's.

That just leaves the airbag and unstable idle/engine hesitation. Anyone know about these?

Also heard something about a wipers recall?? :S

Airbag i reckon will be the connectors under the front seats. Very common for them to flag up a fault, and bring the light on. Basically crap connections, they cut off the plugs and soldered the wires together.

Clio 172 Sport
whats the website to find all the info out as i have an 02 plate and would like to know if the recalls are still available for mine cheers

ph2 172
These are not recalls mate they are technical notes or tech info notes that only Renault dealers are allowed to see not people on here. Thw only recall on yours is the bonet catch. I work for Renault as a senior tech for 9 years so i know