ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear wheel bearing

172cup
that s gone dead yesterday, likely I was 5 minutes away from my place.
there s loads of play in the while and it sounds horrible, i think the wheel s clipping the arch liner!
Bottom line, im going to the nearest garage and i dont really want to get ripped off.......he said it will probably needs replacing both disc and wheel bearing as the come together.

is that true? I thought they could press a new wheel bearing into my old disc??

cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They can press new bearing into the disk, but IMO far easier just to buy new disks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The last rear discs I got (with new bearings in) weren't that much tbh.

That said, mine's making a noise again - so I'd be interested in recommendations for anywhere that could press new bearings in? :)

D.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£110 for new genuine disks with bearing pressed in and pads, really don't get why you'd go through the hassle of getting a new bearing pressed in.

182 ff cup packs
use genuine discs and bearings(already pressed in so no messing with presses)......just over £100 from main dealer complete with the hub nut as well.....

Lionel Richie
£110 delivered for genuine rear discs and pads complete with bearings and ABS rings, do you want me to send some to you tonight? won't cost more than 1hour labour to fit

can have them there tomorrow