ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear beam different to 182 cup?

Clio 182
So I've just been told that the 182 full fat rear beam is different to the 182 cup/cup pack. Apparently it's wider?

i didn't think it was, but didn't know for certain. If it is, why lol? I don't see the point in creating 2 different rear beams for the same car...

regards
Dan

Clio 182
I doubt its wider lol...Who told you that??

Well I'm looking for one to buy and I pm'd someone and they said a bit of advice, the 182 full fat and 182 cup beams are different, but I don't see how or why it would be?

Clio 182
It's just the hubs that are different in thickness. These can be swapped over anyway.

As in the bit that the stub axle is pressed into. If so that's bad because I need them too! Would it matter of I were to just swap the complete beam onto my car, including the non cup hubs and stub axles, or are the stub axles different thicknesses too?

regards

Cup In bits
Its just the stub axles that are a different thickness's, you should get away with the complete beam depending on your wheel offset. I would buy it tbh as you will get a wider track if it works, if not just swap the stub's over.

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes it's nothing to do with bearings etc. It's just the spacer block actually in the stub axle.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
This is what I quoted to you

A bit of friendly advice would be that it has to be from a 182 cup or with cup packs as they're different widths to normal 182's, 172's and 172 cups