ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Questions

Silver Fabia vRS

Right I got my 182 today and really pleased with it but I have a couple of questions. Why is their only one lock on the car and this is on the passengers side. I had 2 on my MK2 172 and thought I was alone until I saw these pics on here:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1085861422__182m.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1085860745__182a.jpg

Also the passengers side window doesnt have the one click function on either the drivers side or passenger side switches and will only work with the ignition on. Is this the same with other 182s?

I am really happy apart from a slight dent in the front bumper which I will mention to my dealer when I get back from Prague on Weds. I have already fitted a BMC CDA to it today!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

They removed the lock in late 2003 cars. i assume they were too lazy to adjust it for the rhd version

One touch is driver side only.

CDA already Geoff? youre keen aint ya :)

Yup its standard, they delocked the passenger side door...... in LHD design.... and obviously didnt flip it over in the RHD design....

Its standard now for the passenger side window to not have the auto up/down ... although some 172s did have it... Jills for one... and I find that damn handy some times.... oh well... such is life... its a "refinement" I think youll find LoL

locks = cheapo frenchies, couldnt be bothered to change it for right hand drive cars, windows, only drivers side has one touch function, passenger doesnt no matter which side you press the button.

Looks sweet m8, hope your happy.

where did you get the bmc from and how much??

Silver Fabia vRS

Cheers for the posts guys...atleast I know mine is the same!

Yup CDA is on but with no cold air feed as yet. I havent got a Hill Power bend yet so the induction is too close to the radiator to get it in. I had fun fitting it as I dropped the bolt and washer into the engine bay! I had to take the sump guard off to get them out!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

:D

How does the bmc sound? did you notice it makes quite a difference?

The one touch can be programmed to work both sides, the dealer can do it.

I cleaned up my cda install further today ive ordered some more ducting from green air filters too £20 for over a meter. its pukka pvc stuff to so it should bend more, i found an old 80mm sub port to use as a scoop too.

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 13 June 2004 at 12:37am]

Silver Fabia vRS

I got the BMC from Carnosseur (sp?) in Southend. About £170-180 including delivery. When I get back from Prague Ill post some pics.

Silver Fabia vRS

BMC sounds great but Im not really pushing it above 3500rpm yet and not been above 60!

The dent at the front has hacked me off a little though. Im hoping the dealer can get me a new bumper.

Silver Fabia vRS

Yeah just above the splitter in the middle of the carthere is a dent in the plastic and some weird marks in the paint. Kinda looks like something has been pushing into it.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Nice Geoff :D

Thats the first pics of one in black with standard wheels on that ive seen and it looks well smart.Im not a fan of the anthracite wheels and i have to say it looks great.I was torn between Black and Arctic blue with standard wheels,if i had to choose again now after seeing yours id take forever to decide !

Hope you enjoy your ownership as much as i am.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Oh sh*t, i got that dent sorted in my quarter panel/arch renault got a dent wizard bloke out and he got it out a treat.

i hope they hook you up with a new bumper, phone RUK and get some vouchers mate. ive got about £300 at the mo. lol

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 13 June 2004

Nice Geoff :D

Thats the first pics of one in black with standard wheels on that ive seen and it looks well smart.Im not a fan of the anthracite wheels and i have to say it looks great.I was torn between Black and Arctic blue with standard wheels,if i had to choose again now after seeing yours id take forever to decide !

Hope you enjoy your ownership as much as i am.

The pics aint Geoffs, his is a yellow one ... lucky git :cool:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Well then my comments apply to whoever has the black one lol

I was wondering why his profile pic had a yellow one !!

Anyway i bet its smart as fook in yellow :D