ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problem

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
When I start my car it is fine but when u push the excelorator the electrical fault warning light comes on and I lose all power any one else had this problem

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
Anyone have any idea what it could be before crack and pay renualt a small fortune to diagnose it

Clio 182
Had the same thing on mine a few weeks back. Drove though a big puddle and must of got somthing wet.
Got home turned off the engine started it and left on for a while to dry.

But this will prob only work if you have got your engine wet. HaHa

clio 182
Is it expensive

Had exactly the same thing happen to me a while ago, changed the pedal and no change, changed the Throttle Body and its been fine since. Got a TB off ebay for £40ish. Get it plugged into a diagnostic machine first and that will tell you.

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
The car runs ok untill u put the foot down then there is no throttle it's like the car puts a rev limiter at 2000 revs and the electrical fault light appears on the dash. Once you switch it off the re start the car the light goes out but the same happens again when you put your foot down

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
Anyone else got any idea what it could be,
. It booked into the garage tomorrow morning

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
  Civic Type S GT
I'll take a stab in the dark guess at oxygen sensor. Sounds like a similar problem to what I had ages ago with my 182.

Guessing/throwing parts at it will get you no where fast. Get it somewhere that can diagnose the fault code & you will know what needs replacing.