ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 popping exhaust in 2nd gear

Popping in second gear when i let off / flutter the accelerator about 2 and half revs. Only happens when engine is cold and drives fine otherwise just been fully serviced, any ideas? is this normal?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Totally normal. Mine's done it since day one - though it's much more noticeable if you have an after-market exhaust or backbox fitted.

If it's significantly loud - or has a 'metallic' chirk/chink noise to the popping - it could be that the centre section clamp is failing and some exhaust gases are escaping mid-way down the pipe. Mine did this a few years back. A very straight-forward and easy fix for either yourself or any garage to do though.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Mine did this...
Only when cold, I have yozza decat and yozza exhausts!
I loved it that much that I just put pop and bang tuner on hehehe

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine does this with my Yozza when cold . I think it's just a bad join either between the centre section and olive joint on the Cat or the exhaust manifold and Cat , not sure which . Once it's warmed up it stops . I'm assuming that the exhaust expands just that little bit when it's hot and it seals the leak .

Try a two piece clamp from the Cat to the Centre section.
It has two half moons, with a flange on each end, with a nut & both through - use a little UHT Silcone, and should fix it up.