ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 paint warranty..?? is there any

ive got an 04 plate 182....well abouve the 3yr warranty..high millage..over 65k...

now, underneath the lip of the bonnet (above the light) technically the underside of the bonnet...some of the paint has started to bubble...wont be long till its comes off...

will rust get into this..? and destroy my whole car...?

do they offer a 10yr guarentee for the paint...im sure metallic paint was an option..(arctic blue)...

is it worth the hassel taking it back to them??

i had a quick search but never brought anything up...plus didnt want to wreck the forum..with too much searches

cheers guys..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I think they have the Renault 10 year paint warrenty or something?

Check the service/car book, im sure i read something about a paint warrenty.

Makes no difference about the car warrenty. Altho it has to be damage free etc....
and they will probably blame it on stone chips causing it lol.

M

mini-valver

They have a corrosion warranty I think but you have to have the book stamped to say you've had regular corrosion checks. Or something along those lines.

ive got a full and very expesive service history with the stealers....so hopefully that will help..

i thought that about the 10yrs thing? im sure it rings a bell...

as for the bubble in the paintwork...its underneath the edge of the bonnet...so no chance with the stone chips effort if they try spin that...

Whytes

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I noticed mine doing this under the bonnet in a few places !!mines arctic blue. i was thinking of taking mine to the stealers when ive got a mo, tho don't have full renault servicing.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
as for the bubble in the paintwork...its underneath the edge of the bonnet...so no chance with the stone chips effort if they try spin that...

Mine did this, noticed it just before the 3yr warranty was finished and managed to get a new bonnet out of it. Trouble with it being LY they had to have the car for quite a while so they could blend in all the new paintwork

yes i have this as well on artic blue as long as u have full service history they should sort it i have it under pass headlight and one bubble on the left side of the bumper !!!
what diff a service makes to the paint i don't understand im booked in friday to get mine checked out

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The paintwork warranty is 3 years , the anti-corrosion warranty is 12 years .

You need to have the anti-corrosion check stamped up in your service book by a Renault dealership for it to apply .