ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ashh's Arctic 182

Fiesta ST
Thought I'd best start a thread to keep up with what I'm doing and want to do. Been around for a couple of years but only just got myself an RS.

I made the 90 minute journey to Wakefield to pick her up with my Stepdad just under 2 weeks ago - I'm still grinning :grin:

Arctic Blue 182 FF
2005, 05 plate (early 2005 registered)
~117k miles
Part/Semi-recent Service History
11 Months MOT
Waiting for logbook to see previous owners

Apologies for potato-pics!

dSyr9ujl.jpg

5QDUY0nl.jpg

Good :up:

Thumb grips intact!
Goes like stink compared to my previous 1.2
Doesn't have a leaky sunroof
Unknown drilled/grooved discs up front
Freshly refurbed alloys with decent tyres
Powerflow Cat-back Exhaust (fitted in 09!) sounds nice when mixed with beans :stig:

Not so good :down:

Came with heavily chipped bonnet with closure dents :pensive:
Metallic rattle inside dash/back of engine bay when going over bumps
OS/F wheel scrapes on the underside of the plastic bit?
Inside of the windscreen has deep scratches in the glass (will be getting replaced in the next couple of months)
Just under 117k miles

As she sits, tonight in Saltburn. I parked a mile away from the curb because I'm paranoid about curbing the wheels 🙈

OGrF2ZUl.jpg

Plans :spanner::nut:

Get the windscreen replaced
Fix rear heated screen - bottom 4 elements don't work
Replace/repair the chipped and dented bonnet
Try out Fatty's Alt' Induction Kit
New rubber
New mats
Flocked dash + pillars
Momo/OMP or Snappy-trimmed wheel
Trendlines
New Exhaust - not sure which as of yet
Replace balljoints at some point (slight play advisory on MOT)
Alloy footrest
De-carbon front badge and fog surrounds
Cambelt, Dephaser, Timing Belt etc done in 2013 - car has covered ~20k since fitting (be safe and replace all next year?)

I think that's all for now but I'll end up adding things when I think of them anyway!

Absolutely loving it so far, done a few miles since collection, and I'm taking it for a good run out to Lampeter in South Wales tonight (Friday), to return home on Saturday with my brother who has been studying there for the past year.

Cheers!

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST
Keep forgetting to update this, haven't done much anyway apart from clock up the miles.

Going from the first post, I drove down to Lampeter in South Wales to get my brother and bring him home for the summer.
TNrL8owl.jpg

Didn't take any pictures on the journey there, left at 6pm and got to Wales as it was getting dark, plus, I wanted to get to Lampeter without much delay.

Had one break about half way through for a maccies somewhere in Wales. maybe towards Oswestry? Can't remember.

It pished it down for the last 1.5 hours of the journey going through some sketchy B roads and country/farm lanes but I just sat behind a campervan who lit up the road and forced other cars to let us (him) past :cool:.

Arrived in Lampater at about 23:45, and we grabbed a pizza and had a catch up for a few hours. Pizza was pish, utter b****cks. I hope all pizza in Wales doesn't taste like that...

After 3 hours of interrupted kip, it was still raining, and it continued raining all morning as I crammed all his life into the back of the car.

I'm amazed how much stuff the car could actually carry!

xR9p45Tl.jpg

j2im0Bhl.jpg

We set off for the journey home just before 11am, had one break just south of the Welsh border for a KFC and a tinkle, then headed towards Chester for the last-leg home.

Stopped off at Wetherby Services for a leg stretch and to grab a cold drink then rejoined the M1/A1M North and headed towards home.

All in all, I loved it. Didn't doubt the car for one second and she was an absolute dream to drive; faultless all the way there and back and was an absolute hoot on some of the Welsh twisties! Cruise control was a godsend from Redcar to Chester and vice versa.

~550 mile trip
~£70 of BP's finest
42mpg
Much fun was had on the welsh roads!

It would be rude not to take him back in September, then I can go home via the Black Mountains :wink:

Note to self: take a proper camera and get some decent photo's!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks like you've got a good base to start with, will keep my eye on this thread.

Fried eggs need getting rid of though.

Fiesta ST
Looks like you've got a good base to start with, will keep my eye on this thread.

Fried eggs need getting rid of though.

Was just coming on here to make sure I order the right ones haha. Still need to strip the wrap off the fog surrounds and front diamond too

Also put some mist washer jets in place of the standards and they just about squirt over the wipers :unamused:

You got a thread for yours?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Was just coming on here to make sure I order the right ones haha. Still need to strip the wrap off the fog surrounds and front diamond too

Also put some mist washer jets in place of the standards and they just about squirt over the wipers :unamused:

You got a thread for yours?

Sounds good, I need some of them mist washers on mine as well but haven't got round to ordering them.

Not yet but will hopefully get one started as soon as I've got some decent pics.

Fiesta ST
Sounds good, I need some of them mist washers on mine as well but haven't got round to ordering them.

Not yet but will hopefully get one started as soon as I've got some decent pics.

Fitted mine, don't even work that well. Might have another read through the forums to see which exact place people bought from on ebay as mine are pants!

Fiesta ST
Ever since I picked her up, there has been this infrequent noise coming from the engine bay. You only really hear it when you hit a bumpy piece of road or accelerate hard.

I can only describe the noise as "Dolphin chatter"; it's high pitched and literally sounds like it's trying to communicate with Sea World!

WJ7fUpBl.jpg

You can see where it's sheared away and then rubbed at the metal. Didn't notice it until recently, but the noise was there when I picked it up.

I'm not 100% sure what it is, it sits behind the battery and I'm lead to believe its the ECU cover/casing, or something? (Might also be completely incorrect!)

Engine bay could do with a tidy up, wouldn't mind trying Fatty's induction setup, too.
tk3fyF0l.jpg

Also had my first run-in with the local Police in this car; turns out to be mistaken identity.

Finally, if anyone ever find's themselves over near Teesside, come to Redcar for an ice cream - it is the absolute bogs dollocks!

Iced Lemon Sorbet :astonished::hearteyes:
AIxjFxKl.jpg

Fiesta ST
Small update!

Solved the ECU housing issue by using a blind bracket. Bit of a bodge job but works! Will probably chop it off or source another ECU housing with the bracket intact.

Whitby run with Yorkshire lot

Drove down to York to meet up with some of the Yorkshire lads and met up with Ross in his AG 200 Cup. AG is an outstanding colour, especially in the sun!
Covered a fair few miles, managed to scare myself a few times trying to keep up with Matt and Dan, almost ran out of fuel somewhere in the moors 🙈 and found out my car is probably treated the worst out of everyone that met that day. Need to start taking care of her!
wZf2tjMl.jpg

Wales

Took my brother back down to Lampeter as he slept in and missed an exam during his final term! Plonker.

His Uni were kind enough to pay for the fuel, so I wasn't really bothered about economy but I was still quite surprised!
40.8mpg, ~554 miles, lots of fast twisties in Wales and 75-80mph cruise most of the way where possible.

Shitty snapchat,
X0FP7DBl.jpg

Revised list of things to do to make the car a nicer place to be!
  • Add LED convenience lighting in foot wells
  • LED interior lighting
  • Carbon dash and gear stick inserts
  • Alcantara gear stick gaiter
  • Alcantara handbrake cover

Other than that I'm pretty happy with how she is. I'll be joining the Yorkshire lot sometime in August for another drive so I'm hoping to get some of this done before then.

I probably won't, but nevermind.