ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or cooper s?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That second one looks awful. The mesh grill is poorly done, the splitter's horrific and the bumper doesn't seem to fit close enough to the bonnet?
Good to drive, hate the interior (fisher price styleeeee), just couldn't live with the looks.

Tangoed Works
believe it or not thats an m7 grill conversion from the states. think its like £300 notes or something lol. the splitter is full carbon though, absolute sex imo.

I prefer the ealier Cooper S (and mini in general), the newer one has been influenced by pedestrian safety and the front end is not as nice IMO. They also seem to have a higher ride height too, Still those earely ones are pricier than a 182 though. Forget the later turbo ones as they're gonna be at least double the price of a 182. Ride is very firm, firmer than a 182 which has a fairly decent ride considering the handling I reckon.

Interior looks good but the quality (of plastics, trim etc) is nowhere near a proper BMW. You realise this as soon as you shut the door with the plasticky handle. I wouldn't say it's massively above the Clio in refinement but I would agree general build is better.

320d
I had a similar thought a while back, mini is cheaper to insure but more expensive to buy. 182 has more standard kit and mini's with similar level of kit can be expensive. I've heard than the mini's have bad fuel economy and also the tax is around £50 P/a more than the 182.

The mini is far easier to tune if you fancy more than the standard 163bhp. £500 see's 210bhp (lohen tuning) then you will be beating 182's convincingly.

As I said If I was in the market for either at the minute I'd go for a cup packed 182 for with fsh etc... for £5500ish rather than having to spend £9000 for a similar mini. However you may lose less on the mini, I can see good 182's being available for £3500 in 18 months.

Turbo LY R27
Id get the mini. Much nicer car. clio maybe better handling but tbh you will only really notice if your one of the many track 'experts' on here. Simple mods will see higher gains if you wanted to tune.

The mk2 clios are looking really dated now i think, especially the interior, no offence to anyone on here coz they are great cars. The mini's build quality is excellent.

Holds money better as well, bonus at the moment tbh lol!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Id get the mini. Much nicer car. clio maybe better handling but tbh you will only really notice if your one of the many track 'experts' on here. Simple mods will see higher gains if you wanted to tune.

The mk2 clios are looking really dated now i think, especially the interior, no offence to anyone on here coz they are great cars. The mini's build quality is excellent.

Holds money better as well, bonus at the moment tbh lol!

I wouldn't go that far. Both the Cooper S's that have been in my family ratled as much as my Clio. As said the Supercharged ones aren't built like a BMW.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
James you really do know nothing about cars. Go and drive them you goon.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Its quality reading some of the stuff on here from diehard clio fanatics, heres the facts from someone who has driven both yet owns neither.

Standard for standard, the clio is *slightly* faster, slightly as in, its more down to the driver than the car, handling they are both a very capable chassis, clio is arguably better but you've got to be driving it on the limit i.e. on a track to really notice that.

As soon as you spend a bit of money on the mini, as said earlier, £500 quid will see you 220bhp, the clio isn't in the same league anymore, your in standard S3 territory then. Saying that, we know clio's are way faster than those crappy S3's aswell so a thread on here the other day said. :rofl:

v6 mk2
i would go for a cooper s, to be honest i am thinking about getting one for my wife but i fancy a shot in it now and again. I have owned a trophy aswell and prefer the mini for everday driving.

as for the gay hairdresser comments, i own a vee aswell so some say they are just hairdressers cars anyway!! ;-)

Elise S1 B&C 140
Cooper 's' would b my choice to. Just felt like the better car when i drove it, didnt fell quite as quick but more planted and more focused. You can get some nice uprated supercharger packages too. Would have loved one but couldnt quite strech to it at the time.

Honda ATR
Id say the Mini is a better product and will hold its value more than the clio. The mini has less rear leg room plus you will have to put up with low twentys when it comes to fuel consumption

Yozza'd Titanium 182
which is the more girly car tho, you see, i would say the mini.

But if its a girly car girls like them.

15 yr olds on maccys carpark with neons and subs ftw

Polo + Micra
i'm glad i went german after the clio (was a 1.6 16v)

i think you need to go drive them both before you make up your mind