ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Not Starting

Clio 182 Sport
Evening Guys and Girls,

So over the past few months I've had an issue with the Clio cutting out at low speed or when stationary, I'd stop the car and start it again and it'll be fine. This would happen randomly not everyday, the distance I'd travel made no difference either.

Anyway this happened again Monday but the car failed to start back up, was close to a hill so tried to bump it but still no joy. The car will turn but not kick into life.

Upon reading numerous posts on here I have removed the TDC sensor and cleaned it up, recharged the battery and changed the Coil pack but still no joy.

When I turn the key to start it tries but nothing, when I dip the accelerator I can hear a noise coming from the engine?

Any further ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

Clio 172
Take it to mick mate , you could spend so much time and money and still not know what it is , mick will tell you exactly what's wrong .

Clio 182 Sport
Take it to mick mate , you could spend so much time and money and still not know what it is , mick will tell you exactly what's wrong .

Id struggle to get it there at the minute, getting a fault code reader later on so I'll see what that comes up with.

Clio 182 Sport
So I have scanned for a fault code and got,

P0130 - Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S)1, bank 1 circuit malfunction or Oxygen sensor (O2S) 1, bank 1 circuit malfunction.

Possible causes are heating inoperative, poor connection, wiring, HO2S or wiring O2S, ECM.

Any suggestions on how to sort this guys?

Clio 182 Sport
Quick update, not been to the car for over a day so tried to start it just to see what happens. It actually starts for a couple of seconds but struggles to run before cutting out again.

I'm thinking fuel pump or regulator.

Any ideas of what it could be folks?

Clio 182 Sport
So if I leave the car for a day then start it it'll start and run but once it's turned off it'll not start again?? So confused.

Clio 182 Sport
Sounds like more than one issue to me mate , mick is defo your best bet .

Starting to think that myself now, it's just getting it there. It's had a new crank sensor and lambda (to clear the O2 fault). But it's still no different, starts for a couple of seconds and its struggling at that then cuts out. Now the battery has died guessing from me continuously trying to start it. Starting to irritate me now.

Clio 182 Sport
I've removed it and cleaned it but still no joy. As I understand you can unplug that sensor and the car should run but will be rather lumpy?? No sure if that's correct? Did you have all the Same symptoms fella?

Clio
Not sure of the fuel setup on the Clio, but try removing the fuel cap then try starting. I have known other cars exhibit this symptom and it was a blocked breather to the fuel tank; fuel was getting sucked out but a partial vacuum formed in the tank pulling the fuel back again.

It's a long shot but free to try!

Clio 182 Sport
Not sure of the fuel setup on the Clio, but try removing the fuel cap then try starting. I have known other cars exhibit this symptom and it was a blocked breather to the fuel tank; fuel was getting sucked out but a partial vacuum formed in the tank pulling the fuel back again.

It's a long shot but free to try!

Tried but no joy fella.

Clio 172
The condition of the plugs can tell you a lot about an engine mate , the best way is checking you have fuel , compression and a spark = engine running ,

Clio 182 Sport
So another update. Pulled the injectors this morning to see if the engine is getting fuel, placed a cup under injector turned the engine for a few seconds each cup had the same amount of fuel in so they seem alright. Next I pulled the spark plugs out the check them, turned the car to check the spark and all 4 seem to have a weak orange spark which to me means there gone.

My question is can all 4 go at once? Also the battery has about had it I think could that produce a weak spark?

Clio 182 Sport
I'm waiting for the punch line........ Did you manage to fix it buddy?

Well I've not been to it for a few days, got a new battery put that in and out everything back together. Started the car and it struggled for a bit but did start, as it was running I had to tap the throttle to keep the revs up. After a minute I just left it and it ran fine for a few minutes. Next I turned it off left it for a few minutes before starting it again, guess what it wouldn't bloody start.

Super frustaighting now this is.