ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Mpg's

Suzuki Swift Sport
Sorry if this has been done to death - but im so impressed with the economy of my 182! When I had the 197 I never saw over 28mpg (which I wasnt too disappointed with) But after bringing the clio back from North Wales to Leeds when i bought it a few weeks back, it averaged 39mpg which was mainly motorway, but did give it some hammer as well.

The next tank it averaged 33mpg, which was just running around and quite a few blasts. I really didnt expect to be seeing figures that high!

PS this isnt from fuel computer readings, just working it out after each fill manually.

DCi
did you check your computer? did you get much discrepancy between your calculations and what the comp said?

I'm just wondering because that is about the same figures as my computer says (I've never bothered to work it out)

Monaco RS Clio 172
I worked mine out and was within 2~ mpg of accuracy tbh

if you drive like a grandad, you can get 42mpg all day long, now my rear seats and lard arse weight is gone, i averaged 48.5 mpg on the computer last night on my way home on the m25 at 65 in 5th

pretty unbearable speeds for some people but sometimes you'd be surprised how easy it is to just cruise slowly

hammering it it uses 22mpg at worst on my trip computer, average between the 2 I get is around 32mpg.. works out within 2 mpg degree of accuracy for all of those tbh

as long as you allow the computer at least 5 miles to get it's head right when you first reset ;)

DCi
I worked mine out and was within 2~ mpg of accuracy tbh

if you drive like a grandad, you can get 42mpg all day long, now my rear seats and lard arse weight is gone, i averaged 48.5 mpg on the computer last night on my way home on the m25 at 65 in 5th

pretty unbearable speeds for some people but sometimes you'd be surprised how easy it is to just cruise slowly

hammering it it uses 22mpg at worst on my trip computer, average between the 2 I get is around 32mpg.. works out within 2 mpg degree of accuracy for all of those tbh

as long as you allow the computer at least 5 miles to get it's head right when you first reset ;)
I decided not to keep up pace with the fast lane and stick to 60 on my motorway journey home and i must say i have noticed the money in my wallet!

Monaco RS Clio 172
that's what it is, iain, basically on a day I am tired and bored and have a bit of self control, poodling at 60-70 in the middle or slow lane is not a huge problem, and if you did this every day to/from work, it leaves you loads of petrol to blow at the weekend, when it's 3am and your local roads are yours and yours only.

I prefer to cruise along in the fast lane but needs must.

if I do drive it hard which tbf has been alot recently, just because it feels so much mroe lively and twitchy with my rear weight gone it is just soo much fun lol

Suzuki Swift Sport
did you check your computer? did you get much discrepancy between your calculations and what the comp said?

I'm just wondering because that is about the same figures as my computer says (I've never bothered to work it out)

Computer was showing 37mpg when I calculated 39, unusual as the 172 computer seemed to be always optimistic.

Just to check im doing it right - was dividing the litres by 4.54 to give me gallons. Then dividing the mileage by the
fuel (in gallons) that I used.

Cheers

Nick

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I used to average about 29mpg, stripped about 30-40kgs out of the rear, put some lightweight 15's wheels on it, and it is getting a lot more hammer now due to more noise and I'm getting 32mpg!

Yaris Hybrid
Generally around 30mpg in mine with commuting in traffic.

I tested the computers in all my Clio's from the 1.2 up to the 182 by comparing computer readings with manual measurements at the pump. Being a geek I kept a spreadsheet of this for over a year!!!! The computers were consistently optimistic from 2 to 5mpg. So deduct that from your computer readings and you should get a realistic figure.

ST
I used to get around 30ish around town, up to 40 on the motorway tho my 197 i struggle for 27 in everyday driving and around 33/34 on the motorway..

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I can easily achive 35+mpg around town in my cup, who says the ff is better...............get rid of the lard and get your cars on a crash diet:rasp:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Is there much difference between 172's and 182's then? My 172 is getting high 30's, generally a minimum of 38.

BMW F21 125d
I used to get 33/34mpg in my 172 ( computer said 36 )
And i get 30/31 in my 182 ( computer very accurate and says 31 )

Mostly short journeys with a few spirtied drives each tank.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i reset the onboard computer each week i fill up. i average at 37mpg normal driving on a mix of roads.
im happy with that.

b/g 182, meg tourer
Lol you must drive like my mum..

i probably do...
but whats the point in thrashing about everywhere?
im the same age as you, its taken me a few years to calm down my driving style. it saves my licence and my wallet.
i stick my foot down when i want to.
makes you appreciate the car a lot more too. not just thrashing it around like a pr!ck every day. thats why insurance is so high in our age group, younger drivers tend to thrash about like idiots.

not having a go at you at all tho, lol. sorry for the rant :rasp:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i get around 34mpg across the tank. thats including my daily commute to work and having a play every now and again.

ST
i probably do...
but whats the point in thrashing about everywhere?
im the same age as you, its taken me a few years to calm down my driving style. it saves my licence and my wallet.
i stick my foot down when i want to.
makes you appreciate the car a lot more too. not just thrashing it around like a pr!ck every day. thats why insurance is so high in our age group, younger drivers tend to thrash about like idiots.

not having a go at you at all tho, lol. sorry for the rant :rasp:

Nah none taken mate...i drove my 1.2 clio like and old lady, my 182 towards the end of its 2 year stay with me it got driven hard..

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I average around 33 mpg in mine and the wife is getting around 40 mpg in hers as she has longer journeys.

Other cars she has done the same communte in are:

Fiesta 1.4 16v - 40 mpg
Polo 1.6 GTI - 40 mpg
Ford SportKa 1.6 8v- 38 mpg
Fabia VRS - 51 mpg

For a 2 litre petrol its astonishing. Given that diesel is 10% more expensive its pretty similar in cost per mile to Fabia VRS.

320d
Tbh on my weekly commute i average 38-40mpg, when the kids are off school and the traffic is less i get 42mpg. And thats in a 1.2 there realy isnt that much difference between a 1.2 and 2.0 according to people who have changed.

30mpg wouldnt put me off tbh i get 40mpg if i got 30 if would cost me £5 more a week big deal lol

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Always between 30-32 mpg, a mixture of economic driving 10%,
motorway 70%, spirited 20%