ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 MPG

dk

911 GTS Cab

started off with 33 when i was running it in and now its about 27-29 but I am not tootling around and do a mixture of both motorway and urban

Mine dropped from 38 down to 30 since my clutch started slipping (being replaced today). And no, I dont drive it like a granny!

Tappd'd RS

sh*t the bed! The worst my cup ever got was 32!

The CTR is brutal on the fuel tho - I shudder to think how bad the fuel economy is!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

My Cup averages mid 30s normally and drops to low 30s with a bit of thrashing, but into the low 40s on a run...

The 172 & Cup are both superb on fuel, the 182 will be as well

Tappd'd RS

i agree, has big tel says, "VVT... thats what makes ze clio so rezponzive and fuel efficient!"

Quote: Originally posted by thedoc on 02 April 2004
mine doesnt seem to dip below 32mpg, and the poor little thing does get thrashed...

32mpg!!! Fookin Hell!!!! mine has never averaged under 40mpg, I do a lot of motorway miles, but I drive fairly nippy to say the least!!!!

172, Tiguan

since the weather has warmed up my fuel economy has gone upto 36/7

and thats on short 5 mile journeys to work.

Cant be bothered to work it out but I only did about 320 miles on my first full tank and was around the £90 of fuel by the time I had done 700 miles.

What are you getting to a tank of fuel??

Tom tells me it will get better. The mpg on the display is currently 30.0 and most of the miles I have done is on the motorway around 80mph.

dk

911 GTS Cab

looks like mine isnt very fuel efficient if I am only getting 27-29 and all other 182s seem to be in the mid 30s.

Thats nothing to what I went in yesterday though, someone at work had a Leon Cupra R 225 bhp and he showed me his trip computer from a range of urban and motorway driving and his was showing 16mpg!!!!! Now thats an expensive fill up.

yeah guy at work says his cupra drinks fuel something chronic,, my 172 gets about 35 average ,,40 ish on long runs ,and ive never seen it drop below 30 even when giving it the full moo most of the time.

my 1.6 only gets low 30s, to be fair im not that nice to mine alot of the time, not fair that im gettin lower than you 172 lot though, oh well!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

36 average.

got it to dip below 14 the other day. very impressed

My 182 has done 2000 miles and I have deliberately never reset the computer- the current average MPG is 31.6 although I have seen it up to 31.8.

JT

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

my 182 averages at 37mpg......i do mostly motorway miles...have had it on 40 once......its done just over 2000 miles.......

Angi

:)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

24.8 - 26 most of the time

35 if I go on a longer trip involving M ways or lend it the missus

On average around 30mpg, although tends to sit at 27/28mpg quite a bit - had it down to 15mpg on the way home for about 10 mins though! :eek:

Still putting normal u/l in too...

Matt

Leon TDI

My 172 is about 35 on average with regular petrol. Optimax tends to give better, according to the trip computer but there are no shell garages close by so it dosent oftern have that luxury.

Before I cared about looking @ the MPG I was getting - 27-30 MPG (around town)

Now, just as a test, driving like a granny I can get maybe 35-40 MPG (around town)

The 1st tank of fuel, I did 200 miles, obviously thrashing her with excitment after picking her up from dealer.

Now Im getting 250-280 miles per tank.... but thats driving carefuly, wll below the limiter. Normaly below 2k revs in 1st-4th gear.

In my previous 1.4 clio I was getting 350+ miles per tank. Now getting 100 miles less and driving like my gran :cry:

Well, my 1.4 16v drinks like a horse. Was 28.1, now 28.5. I might aswell have the 2l and get the performance out of it. Your all using optimax, right? Bloody shot up to 85p...was 79.9, then 81.4 before.

Orange 182

My trip to work only takes 20 mins on A roads so my average is steady at 33mpg... On a longer journey using the motorway its rises to 36-38 mpg.

Im well chuffed with that because I have a few points on my journey that I like to really put my foot down each day :D.

Clio 182 FF with Cup bits

I dont know about you guys getting more than 35MPG.... are you sure you dont have a shoe stuck under the pedal or something!!? ;)

You should also know that the onboard computer does not show a truly accurate figure. The true figure when I do a manual check (by brimming the tank) is normally 1 - 2 MPG lower than the computer shows. Just something Ive noticed. By the way average consumtion on mine is between 29 and 32 MPG.