ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold for 172cup queerie

2009 200 clio cup
hey folks i have a 172 cup and it has the 4-1 manifold on it and was wondering is it wortb putting the 4 2 1 mani off the 182 on i know lots of people tend to do this but is it worth my time also what else would i need for the exhaust or would the standard cat etc work with the mqnifold

cheers derek

Not worth it, minimal gains! Your standard cat wont fit, you will need a 182 manifold to 172 exhaust conversion cat! It will cost £500 for the 182 manifold and cat!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It would make mid range better..but you lose top speed. For the price and hassle of doing it...you wont get much in terms of bhp increase (1 or 2 if you are lucky), just better driveability. Its not worth it mate. An old friend has his 172Cup with sports cat 200 cell instead of 300 cell, 182 mani, remap and inlets matched and aftermarket exhaust and it made 5 bhp over my standard 172Cup with aftermarket exhaust and cost him between 1.5 and 2k

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Having done it personally I would advise not to bother unless you've got the engine or subframe off anyway, I only did it cos I snapped my cat and thought it was worth a shot

Ive done it on one 172 already and tomorrow will be doing it on my 2nd one! driveability is better and worth it imo!

WTF did you get £500 from?! £100 tops for a manifold and £50 for decat.....DONE!

Evo 8 MR
Ive done it on one 172 already and tomorrow will be doing it on my 2nd one! driveability is better and worth it imo!

WTF did you get £500 from?! £100 tops for a manifold and £50 for decat.....DONE!

Not worth the hassle.

Evo
New to this argument so im none the wiser but...

What supposedly makes the 182 10ps more than the 172 then? I thought the only change was the manifold/exhaust