ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 lumpy idle

Hi all.

just been to look at the car I want to buy.

I noticed the car had a very lumpy idle- I say very.. it just wasn't smooth.

The car was warm- it did it before and after the test drive.

There were no issues or misfires on the test drive.. just after 20 seconds or so I noticed the cars idle go quite lumpy.

Any suggestions?
Any thing to worry about?
Any experiences?

I need to ring the guy back and say yay or nay.

Jake

No offence to Roy- any more, 1 reply aint enough for me to spend £8k on lol

BUT - Cheers for the reply- :cool

Monaco Blue 172
mine's started doing it fairly recently (45k), until it has warmed up properly it gives very uneven power delivery. at first i was worried my clutch might be on its way out but now i think it's the automatic choke or something (if engines still have those!?) :clown:

GW RS200
yep my 172 is hugely lumpy when cold, I sometimes buckaroo off down the street first thing in the morning! Settles when warm though.

S.

Da

Less
it's the VVT that leads to the lumpy idle so I'm told. A higher octane fuel can help but it'll never go away. Just put ya foot down and all is well :rasp:

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Mine idles a little on the rough side...never been bad enough to worry about though

LOL

Why do you know Roy- what is your specific qualification related to lumpy idles on clios.. :rasp:

(ps - tongue in cheek comment meant in a comical but enquiring vain)

Reading about it for over two years on here perhaps?

You can now count your self qualified.:rasp:

Thanks for all the comments guys- rang the chap back leaving a deposit tomorrow.

I'll post some pics when I pick it up next week.

Jake

megane 285 sport
mines done it since ive ad it with 73,000 miles on the clock, changed leads and spark plugs, using v power made a difference but still slightly does it, when running cold they are designed to run like a bag of w**k.

Monaco Blue 172
Yeah so it hasn't started to have a lumpy idle. It's started to suffer from the rough cold running?
true. i've been observing over the last few days and once it's warm the idle is pretty even.

so, should i be worried about the cold running? is it doing damage? advice welcomed