ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance

Clio 200
Very quick insurance question. I have a 182 with both cup packs, do I have to tell the insurance company about the cup packs or are they classed as standard?

Thanks

Renault Megane 2.0
Technically with insurance anything apart from the basic is a modification as the cup packs are an optional extra... but soon as you mention a mod to an insurance company the prices tend to get silly so I wouldnt mention it atall... they would never be able to refuse cover for you not mentioning it. If there ever was a problem as you havent bought it from new and asked for the extra packs yourself you'd just have to play the... i thought that was standard card... theres so many stupid rules within insurance that stop companies being able to refuse cover that you can basically lie through your teeth and get away with it... my mum has been down as my wife for the past 5 years as it brings my insurance down about £400!! Well worth it!

Ph 1 172
Personally I wouldn't let them know, give them the reg plate and that's it,
Might be an idea to message the 2 insurance companies on here to ask there advice!

^ and seriously your mum is down as your wife?!?!?! Lol

Renault Megane 2.0
Personally I wouldn't let them know, give them the reg plate and that's it,
Might be an idea to message the 2 insurance companies on here to ask there advice!

^ and seriously your mum is down as your wife?!?!?! Lol

Yep... she has been since my 2nd year of insurance... working in the industry teaches you all the tricks of the trade.... "i thought spouse meant family member" *ahem*!! :rasp: