ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 headlights 'To low'

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
This has been bugging me so much, the dipped beam is way... to low, but there does not seem to be any adjustment for this??

Any idea's

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
to the right of the steering wheel, just below the steering column level there is a wheel that adjusts the hieght i think, is in my 1.2...

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Thing is, i need them raised.. cant believe they are like this, it is quite dangerous. I wonder if the tech's at the dealers where i got it will be able to adjust them??

Check the sensor on the rear axle of your car hasn't bcome detached.

Its there to detech when the car has weight in it and lowers the beam if the back has weight in it however if its detached then it always things the car has weight in the back so lowers the beam. If you've lowered the car though as well though the sneso things the back has weight since it lower and lowers the beams. if you have lowered the car you can fiddle the adjsuter to make it work or manually adjust the beams.

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Check the sensor on the rear axle of your car hasn't bcome detached.

Its there to detech when the car has weight in it and lowers the beam if the back has weight in it however if its detached then it always things the car has weight in the back so lowers the beam. If you've lowered the car though as well though the sneso things the back has weight since it lower and lowers the beams. if you have lowered the car you can fiddle the adjsuter to make it work or manually adjust the beams.

Thanks Edde, what does the sensor look like etc?? the car has the cup pack so the suspension is lower am i correct?

Thanks Edde, what does the sensor look like etc?? the car has the cup pack so the suspension is lower am i correct?
Yep 3mm or so lower but with normal tolerances you'd never notice.

The sensor you won't mis it its the only thing attached to the rear axle. it has a little arm bit on the axle attaching to the sensor on the car itself.

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Edde, just been out in the garage to have a look.. have no torch so will check 2morrow,the bloody exhausts are in the way. lol!
Even my Evo has the adjustment, cant believe they did not sort one for the 182

White Clio 200 Cup
If anything i have the opposite problem, i seem to constantly get flashed by oncoming traffic, who must assume i have my lights on full beam, they are xenons...and were like this even before i had the car lowered :(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Then they arent Xenons.

Thats wat i thought. Im sure all xenons must only be auto adjusting. please correct me if im wrong.

MTV was only made as a MK2 PH1 so he is probably taling about the twin optic lights like the 172 ph1

These are not Xenon lamps but "projector" lamps which mimic Xenons. They are simply standard bulbs behind a projector reflector.

If the leveling unit on the rear beam isnt detached then he'll need to adjust the allen headed adjustor on the back of the lamp. People never seem to check their headlamps once they've been lowered, had to adjust mine when i put the coilovers on as it dipped them a fair bit to compensate for the drop.

IIRC isnt there a white plastic insert behing the lamp that adjusts the bulb holder up and down, therefore lowering or raising the beam?

there are on my xenons, granted they are not standard, but are off a 182 originally. i can adjust them by putting the right sized allen key in and twisting it clockwise or anticlockwise, tilting them up or down. . . . . correct me if im wrong of course Edde.

jamie

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like Loony said , small white allen screw head adjusters .

HEADLIGHTADJUSTERPASSENGERSIDESmall.jpg

HEADLIGHTADJUSTERDRIVERSSIDESmall.jpg

clio 172
hi i had the same problem with one of my headlights it had snapped away from the housing (2 many speed bumps!!) i had to pack up the headlight with cardboard to keep the beam in the right place it got me though an mot plus 6months of motoring before i brought a new unit not cheap!!!

this can be common my friend works at bmw and is always doing these temp fixs!!

you will know if this is the problem if you take off the rubber cover on headlight unit and grab onto the light if it moves a lot then its bust!!!

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
Thats wat i thought. Im sure all xenons must only be auto adjusting. please correct me if im wrong.

MTV was only made as a MK2 PH1 so he is probably taling about the twin optic lights like the 172 ph1

These are not Xenon lamps but "projector" lamps which mimic Xenons. They are simply standard bulbs behind a projector reflector.
My bad, didn't realise they were petty enough to do that, whats the point of making them look like HIDs if they're not,

Black 182 + Recaros
If the sensor has become detached then the lights should point down, but what would cause the lights to point upwards ?

There is no extra weight in the back and the car is an unmodified Full Fat 182.

Cheers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the guy who wrote the post has a 182 cup..... so no xenons boys... it wont have auto adjustment off the rear beam

Hi all

Not seen fit to be on here for two years, mainly because I do not want to have the temptation of a gallery full of 197s....

Anyway, have searched the old posts and can see different aspects of this times over but not what I want:

Clio Sport Mk2, 52 Plate....I've changed a sidelight bulb and now the xenon lights won't autolevel. I had the car in the dealer two years ago for a load of things and they didn't set them right either, so when I came out the lights were to low. Slightly different this time, left one to high, right one sitting lower than normal.

How do I get the autolevel working properly or have I cocked up putting the bulbs in? All lights working correctly (in that they're on).

Cheers

Last edited:
  inferno rs 182
by turning this white alan key thingy, what direction would make the xenon beam rise up ie clockwise or anticlock wise as i have this prob too. took it to the dealer n they said it was fine but i know my own car and it aint right