ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Hazard warning lights....

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Won't turn off. Sitting in my car waiting for my girl to finish work and there was a single click from somewhere in the dash and my hazards are now constantly on. I think it's the actual switch as when its pushed in they go off but when you let go they come on. I wouldn't mind but i have never pushed it before so it's not as if it's worn out or anything. Anyone else had this before?

106 GTi
Not had this problem on my Clio, but the last car I had do this was down to a relay in the fuse box for the indicators dying.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
The hazard light system on 172/182 is suprisingly complicated involving the UCH ... but in this instance simply sounds like your switch is buggered and isn't latching in. Not as easy to get to on Mk2 either (vs. Mk1 where you could get behind it by popping off the gear stick gaitor).

Bluetac and gaffer tape I reckon until dealer can fix it :(

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I have wedged the switch down for the time being to stop my battery getting drained until i can get to Renault. Stupid piece of french crap. I thought i had seen the back of silly little things like this when i got rid of my 5, oh well. I have got to get a couple of other little things sorted that i have been putting off - namely a small oil leak under the engine cover and a windscreen washer jet not working properly. Oh and it never starts first time from cold anymore either. Other than that it's all good!

Clio 197
The bit of trim housing the hazard switch just pulls out - very very easy.

To make-it easier to pull-out, you can get the stereo out.

There will be a few wires connected to the switch via a socket which is clipped on.

Unclip that... and bob's your uncle!