ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 has cup packs but its missing front splitter?

BG182®
Ok I'm still looking around for a 182 with cup packs and have came across one which the dealer has told me does have both cup packs. It has the spoiler, darker alloys, but seems to be missing the front splitter?

If I read correctly it should have a splitter right?

Any help would be great chaps as I'll be driving 40 odd miles to see it and dont want to be let down.

Here's the link to the car itself (with pictures) also is the milage+price a good deal?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=04

Thanks

Will

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They can break of quite easy.

Could have been in a front end bump to?
Check for the blaxck stickers on the fron bumper.
And should be 2 stickers on the gille when you lift the bonnet.

VRS
also quite a few cup pack clios never had the splitter fitted, they arrived at the dealers on flat beds with the splitter on the back seat so it didnt catch when loading and unloading, a few dealers never bothered fitting them once they had them on the forecourt

BG182®
its HPI clear with no accidents or anything, so can I only asume that it has came off?

Its not a major issue missing it but I just want to make sure that is does have both cup packs or DID, as its missing the splitter lol...

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Yes it should have a front splitter. Get them to knock 100 off and then you can get yourself a nice carbon one!! Easy to fit juts a few screws!

BG182®
So all in all its not a big issue. On that note then I will go see it later today and try and push the price down to a round figure of 5k if of course everything else it ok.

Thanks for info lads.

koi

Audi S1
Mine has the cup packs but never had the front splitter.

You can check if it had been fitted by checking under the front bumper for screw holes.

Fabia VRS
Got mine and it didn't have a splitter (should have researched i spose:eek:) but when ive been to renault a couple of times the other 182's there didn't have um, so i was wondering wether it was a trick coz they cost like £150!!:S Get some money knock off like above.:)

RS RIP
^^ might all be very well, i would ask them to put on the splitter for the price they're asking . They cost a lot and the car just does'nt look right without it

ST
also quite a few cup pack clios never had the splitter fitted, they arrived at the dealers on flat beds with the splitter on the back seat so it didnt catch when loading and unloading, a few dealers never bothered fitting them once they had them on the forecourt

Yep, happened to my mate, bought an identical spec 182 to my old one, same dealer, mine had the splitter on, he went back and said and they were like oh...hang on we may have one in the back that we've got in for someone else, 5 mins later, guy at the service desk comes back, oh there you go mate, have this one but dont tell anyone ;)

LOL, yeah right, scum bag!!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
If you go to view, just point it out and they may well offer to fit a new one for you.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
besides the splitter with that mileage check the belts have been changed in the service book thats more important than a splitter.
:eek:

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
My splitter was torn off in 2006 whilst bouncing around the out field at Croft! I got a genuine replacement off Ebay for £40.

Steve