ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust system choices/opinions for track use

55AMG Exige350 Sport
Ok guys I've got my eye on a Milltek Resonated System with decat pipe, I've also read good reviews on the Scorpion cat back resonated SRN019.
The car will be used for track days and some weekend fun, I don't want something too loud obviously I need to pass the noise tests and I also hate too much drone when cruising down the motorway.
Opinions from owners with either of the above are welcomed and any other possible suggestions,

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had the scorpion on an old 182, decated too. Fine at Oulton 105db. The yozza decated is closer, I think.

55AMG Exige350 Sport
Any idea on the db difference between the resonated and non resonated?
If the non resonated is around 98db or less then I'd be quite happy with that, plus its a little cheaper..

55AMG Exige350 Sport
My miltek resonated with decat was tested on Friday 92db
That helps thanks, has yours any of the end tip corrosion which has been mentioned by a few owners?
Also does it still sound aftermarket compared with the standard exhaust if you know what i mean?

One tip did rattle but nothing that a small blobs of weld didn't sort out. Imo it sounds well without sounding like a tool. It's a pretty subtle tone

My resonated Milltek with decat tests at 89db.

They sound very good on full chat but are decent enough at low speeds and motorway. Definitely doesn't sound standard though. They are probably one of the quietest aftermarket systems with the cat still in place. I can't stand motorway droning!

No corrosion on mine what so ever, but I do try and give it a clean up every once in a while.

Couple of really old videos of mine. When I had the standard cat in still. Subtle but throaty when needed.

55AMG Exige350 Sport
My resonated Milltek with decat tests at 89db.

They sound very good on full chat but are decent enough at low speeds and motorway. Definitely doesn't sound standard though. They are probably one of the quietest aftermarket systems with the cat still in place. I can't stand motorway droning!

No corrosion on mine what so ever, but I do try and give it a clean up every once in a while.

That's great thank you, sounds good to me.