ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine questions for the experts

Black Gold 182FF
Ok, I have managed to remove the alternator from my 182, and will be replacing it with a new one this week.
I have a few questions for you experts:
Just below the alternator is another pump, with a cog, which I presume has something to do with the aircon. When I removed the 2 silver pipes attached to it, loads of light yellow liquid gushed out, making a gas like sound.
Q1. What is this pump?
Q2. What is the liquid?
Secondly, do any of you chaps have a photo, or schematic showing how the new aux belt should look when fitted. I am doing the work with the car jacked up on a normal jack, and only the drivers wheel off so was limited to visability when removing the old belt. I don’t want to route the new belt incorrectly.
Thanks for you help

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you removed the deadly air con gas. hope you were no where near it lol.

you need a 1/4 drive and extention bar to re fit the tentioner

Black Gold 182FF
you removed the deadly air con gas. hope you were no where near it lol.

you need a 1/4 drive and extention bar to re fit the tentioner

Cheers Ben, unfortunately I was unprepared for this and got covered in the liquid lol. So I guess this means that the aircon won't work until it has been re-gassed.

Anyone got a pic or schematic of how the aux belt should look when fitted please?

Black Gold 182FF
why did you drain the aircon to get the alternator out? am i being dumb?

No, it's me that was stupid, I removed the alternator from the front of the car, but the pipes from that pump were in the way, and I did not want to damage them, so I disconnected them, not knowing what they were for, and ended up covered in yellow liquid. One way to learn I guess:eek:

Clio Sport 182
DSC00114.gif

you need a 3.8ths to do the tensioner on the aux belt mate. its a bit of a tw*t i found the best way is with the drivers h,lamp out then wobble end 3.8ths small extension,