ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup suspension upgrade

1st post so hello all.

I have a 182 with cup packs, custom ss cat back exhaust and ITG panel filter.

The next mod I want to make is suspension. I know the car handles well but it does seem to roll a bit to much when cornering hard. I will not be useing it for track days and drive mainly on b roads. I am not to worried about a hard ride but not to harsh. I have approx £650 to spend incl fitting so I have the following options, unless anyone else has any better ideas.

GAZ coilovers - would have gone for these but read a post saying the springs they come with are to stiff. Plus I do not think I would play about with the ride height that much although a bit lower than standard would be nice!

Koni Sports kit - I have seen this on BBPT website. Not mentioned much in this forum but may suit what I am after better than the coilovers, ie does firm up the ride, lowers, has adjustable dampers but is not highly adjustable and therefore potentially a headache to get right.

Eibach Sportlines (keep standard dampers) - The cheapest option but after reading BenR talking about a proper set up involving lots of time and effort and therefore money I am tempted not to mess to much with the standard setup.

I live in the midlands so maybe yozzasport (Its in Bham isnt it?) can help? Although from what I have read I dont think I want to let Fred near it!!??

Thanks MM.

Quote: Originally posted by MarkM on 07 August 2005
1st post so hello all.I have a 182 with cup packs, custom ss cat back exhaust and ITG panel filter.The next mod I want to make is suspension. I know the car handles well but it does seem to roll a bit to much when cornering hard. I will not be useing it for track days and drive mainly on b roads. I am not to worried about a hard ride but not to harsh. I have approx £650 to spend incl fitting so I have the following options, unless anyone else has any better ideas. GAZ coilovers - would have gone for these but read a post saying the springs they come with are to stiff. Plus I do not think I would play about with the ride height that much although a bit lower than standard would be nice!Koni Sports kit - I have seen this on BBPT website. Not mentioned much in this forum but may suit what I am after better than the coilovers, ie does firm up the ride, lowers, has adjustable dampers but is not highly adjustable and therefore potentially a headache to get right.Eibach Sportlines (keep standard dampers) - The cheapest option but after reading BenR talking about a proper set up involving lots of time and effort and therefore money I am tempted not to mess to much with the standard setup.I live in the midlands so maybe yozzasport (Its in Bham isnt it?) can help? Although from what I have read I dont think I want to let Fred near it!!??Thanks MM.

Freds just got love for low car and using angle grinders and hammers to fix most things. Hes good though.He only us those two tools when he lowers cars as low as they can go as they rub on bits so h has to bend brackets etc so the cars ok to drive.
personally (and others will disagree) Id stick with stock setup realy or get a fully uprated coilover setup. Unless youcan get ome cheap springs and get someone on here to fit thm least then if you ont like they not much ost.
Easy to change springs though loads of members on here can do it for £40 or so. Evogone has some eiback and avo springs for sale from his 17 Cup which fit 182s might be worth asking how much he wants for them.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

I low aint your thing, id get the koni adjustables personally, then you can have the ride just as you want, dont get gaz..... ever, i should know.