ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Crash - What to do next!?

Off the top of my head I reckon I could get the following stripping it, some are complete guess to be honest;

2 Wheels - £250 - £150ish.
Engine - £550 - £400
Passenger seat - £75 - £20
Rear seats - £50 - £15
Bumper - £60 - £80
Splitter - £40 - £50
Eibach Springs - £40 - No idea
K-Tech Ultra Exhaust - £120
Various other parts - £400

Total approx - £1,585 (very rough)

But that's really nowhere near enough to think about stripping it over repairing it.

Selling it on eBay today, exactly as it is, you'll probs get £2k. Maybe a touch more. That's exactly what I'd do. Get rid of it. Put that £2k (and the money from your Dad ;)) towards buying something else and cut your losses.

This guy..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?563774-My-new-Clio-s-first-pics-(

Got £1800.

Stripping it sounds like a good idea in principle. But you've got to deal with hundreds of PM's. 'Have you still got?' 'Can I just have this bit, not the whole thing' 'I can't afford it now' after you've told another dozen people it's sold. It's a boat load of hassle. For what is not that much gain. Not to mention the hundreds of trips to post office etc. PayPal fees.

Get rid. Move on. Lesson learnt.

Renault Clio 182
Selling it on eBay today, exactly as it is, you'll probs get £2k. Maybe a touch more. That's exactly what I'd do. Get rid of it. Put that £2k (and the money from your Dad ;)) towards buying something else and cut your losses.

This guy..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?563774-My-new-Clio-s-first-pics-(

Got £1800.

Stripping it sounds like a good idea in principle. But you've got to deal with hundreds of PM's. 'Have you still got?' 'Can I just have this bit, not the whole thing' 'I can't afford it now' after you've told another dozen people it's sold. It's a boat load of hassle. For what is not that much gain. Not to mention the hundreds of trips to post office etc. PayPal fees.

Get rid. Move on. Lesson learnt.

Thanks very much mate, this is what I was hoping someone could provide me with :approve:

Makes it interesting, as a rough guide I'm looking at approximately £650 for the mechanical work so now just waiting to see what the cost of jigging and bodywork is.

Thanks,
Kyle

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just have weigh it up whether it's worth repairing it when you know exactly how much it'll cost.

Recently broke my Cup up for parts after an accident and although it seemed daunting at 1st it turned out to be a good decision financially. If you've got the room and time to do it's definitely worth considering.

Edit: Also another thing to consider is the car will never be the same if it's repaired, it's probably more of a psychological thing but crash repaired cars always feel different and not in a good way.

you crashed the cup?

Renault Clio 182
Bad news unfortunately :(

Spoke with the panel-work guy and he doesn't think it will be worthwhile me fixing it.
So think I'm going to put it on Ebay tomorrow as it is and see what I get for it. Will put a reserve on it to make sure it surpass's what I could get for stripping it.

Not the news I was hoping for, gutted!! Only had the car 3 weeks and was really starting to enjoy it.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Bloody olds eh lol - wrecking ya rides lol.

Lift-off per chance?

As mentioned, lob as a total car... unrecorded and it'll sell no issue.

Renault Clio 182
Bloody olds eh lol - wrecking ya rides lol.

Lift-off per chance?

As mentioned, lob as a total car... unrecorded and it'll sell no issue.

Their the one's you have to watch out for......so fricken dozy !!!

Yeah hopefully going to get it on tonight and see what happens with it !! If I get a reasonable price then I'll be happy enough and that will be it finished with !! If not it's the daunting prospect of stripping but will worry about that should the time come.

Thanks again for all your help lads :approve: