ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Crankshaft on a 172

lift number 1 @ btm
the reason why i decided to fit the 182 crank is because with that fitted on my engine it's a little more responsive and the torque was increased.

The part number for a replacement 172 and 182 crank is the same BUT there are eleven different part numbers that have all been superseded into the number 8200037836 - probably to make it easier to stock for replacement parts.
I believe the 182 has larger counterweights to make the engine quieter and with less vibration - I don't think Renault intended any difference performance wise purely passenger comfort!! BUT, a fully counterweighted crank should also improve reliability with less bearing loading due to less whip and flex but will give more engine inertia with slower throttle response and acceleration.

exactly, that's how i feel my clio now! :cool:

so are we saying more, or less responsive with the 182 crank fitted?

ClioSport 172 Cup
The Crankshaft needs balancing with suitable rods. You would need the rods also from the 182 engine the crank came from....you are mixing 172 rods with 182 crank...the power increase is all in your head!

Renaultsport Clio 172
See all negative comments from many of you guys, truth is this 172 is a jet, it has 182 mani, skimmed head, exhaust, and some other bits, like the 182 crank, and is faster than any other 172 (but mine LOL:cool:), and NO IT IS NOT IN THE MIND!!! BUT ON THE ROAD, this one flies. Obviously not only due to a crank change, but a sum of all bits.

Just put in some cams in and you would have truely crakcer Luis!!!!!

Regards!!

1974 Alpine A310
Does the 11 part numbers span all F4R engines or just Clios?
I'm looking at fitting an F4R 93mm stroke crank into a TS16 engine in my A310 Alpine.
Wondering which is the best car to try to source parts from, Clio, Laguna etc.
Cheers.

1974 Alpine A310
Does the 11 part numbers span all F4R engines or just Clios?
I'm looking at fitting an F4R 93mm stroke crank into a TS16 engine in my A310 Alpine.
Wondering which is the best car to try to source parts from, Clio, Laguna etc.
Cheers.