ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 colours?

work for BMW
hi there
im in the process of buying a 182, iv wanted this car for a long time and finally i can safely afford it so i want it to be perfect.
im stuck on colour choice, the only 2 i would go for is racing blue or black. i love the racing blue colour but it really is bright and does stick out like a sore thumb, attracts police?
i have only really owned black cars but for a 182 it just seems a bit plain, not really special?
what are your thoughts?
also does the colour effect resale value? is one colour worth more or more sought after then the other?

thanks in advance

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Racing blue is amazing I love mine. No issues with police, and everyone I know says it's a lovely colour. I've just come from a black car, and I will admit when black is polished and spotless it looks fantastic, but in this sort of car I think something bright and sporty is appropriate!

It'll only attract Police if you drive it in a way that attracts Police.

RB seems to be worth more, unless it's a Cup.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
LY
RB
Inferno
Seam to be most sought after colours IMO.

billabong...
go for RB, fantastic looking colour, also every car maker makes black cars so why not not be different? if you've wanted one for so long surprised you've not already got your heart set on a colour!

work for BMW
thanks for the replies, well i have always wanted RB but i like black too haha. but you are right in the sense that something bright for this car is definitly appropriate. i want a RB full fat 182, omg they are rare!

It'll only attract Police if you drive it in a way that attracts Police.

This times 100,000,000,000,000.

The "Black" is actually "Black Gold" so when parked next to a mere "normal black" non-RS clio it certainly does look much nicer, but at the end of the day it is black which means it's a pain to keep looking clean. Racing Blue also looks fantastic. A fun colour for a fun car.

R.e. actually finding one, there were 1957 BGs produced and only 433 RBs produced, so if you have the patience and a decent budget then go for RB no question.

To summarise, RB looks awesome but if you're a chav/drive-like-one please do not get an RB or indeed a clio as it gives us a bad name :p On the contray, if you're in an RB it will be easier for people to spot you and get out of your way before you understeer into them... :eek:

EDIT: Check this link. Click 182 and then "sales data." There were an absolute max of 301 FF RBs for sale. Good luck. http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/182/

big boost cup
^we will see when you clean sarahs lol.
Didnt the 182 also come in petrol blue if it did buy one of them for hero status

Clio 200 CUP
It would have to be for a 182 RB easy

yer it does stand out but for all the right reasons

it looks mint !

racing blue 182 cup
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307907795.772072.jpg

AAS'D RB 182
RB all the way mate, i bought a RB one about 3 months ago and love it. it is a full fat with dark grey speedline turini's lowered on eibachs and looks fantastic. just had the roof wrapped in carbon fibre 2 just to be that bit different from the other 400 and odd haha!!;)

RS 182 CUP
RB is for winners, always looks clean.

as for 182 cups, dont believe all you read (lot of peops too opinionated) there a good all round car, just short of a few niceties, you buy a cup if you dont need/want them or you buy a ff if you want all the goodies