ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 bits onto ph1

To ph1 or not to ph1..

• Break 182, switch bits to a ph1

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Keep 182

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Megane R26
I have a real itch recently for a ph1.

Currently in a FF 182, bought cheap a while ago as it's a cat C (wing, xenon and bumper in 2014).

Car is very tidy apart from one Tiny dent and small stonechips on front bumper.
Has a long mot, recent low mileage engine with belts etc, recent clutch and gearbox, driveshafts, the List goes on.

Needs nothing

I was Thinking of breaking it as i won't get much for it as a CatC, no matter how clean and mechanically spot on,pulled a strong 175 bhp at Surrey Rolling Road and stronger than others I've driven recently.

I was looking to make the switch to an r26 but I can't stop looking at Ph1's!

Break the 182 and tranfer good bits onto a ph1?

Bearing in mind cost of tracking, remap and possibly bits like exhaust and New dampers if ph1 is fairly stock.

List of bits on my 182 -
Long mot
Low mileage (67k) 172 lump with belts back in March.oe Clutch at same time
Solid top mounts
Polybushed everything
Ph1 airbox and a fatty as spare
Red ht leads
Cooksport springs
Whiteline rear ARB
Suade snappy wheel
BMs shifter
Mint interior
Cup pack spoiler & splitter
Ktec Janspeed supersport
Rs tuner map
Rs inlets
Camber bolts (fast road geometry set up last week)
Gold 2118 mag, new Federal Rsr
20 & 15mm spacers front & back
New cup dampers
New tre & lower arms
Mintex 1144 & braided brake lines

So I'm looking for a tidy ph1 around £1500 and swap most of the bits over incl 182 manifold, break the mint 182 and have some fun in the ph1.

Good idea? Thing that's putting me off is I drove two 172 cups recently (same plan) but both felt really gutless compared to my 182! Really hoping a ph1 won't disappoint in a straight line.

I'm Handy with a spanner but don't really fancy an engine swap on my drive..

I'd be selling the 182 if it wasn't a Cat C

Pics of the BG -
78v7jbto.jpg

kqpa2jxo.jpg

hglyuqv7.jpg

fenolt3p.jpg
a7knzjrs.jpg
9seqk6k9.jpg

yncwm87t.jpg

dan's cast offs.
the 182 will be worth more as a whole car than breaking it. god knows why so many people insist on breaking clios when they are good to begin with?

got a mint low mileage phase 1 here as well :wink:

Megane R26
the 182 will be worth more as a whole car than breaking it. god knows why so many people insist on breaking clios when they are good to begin with?

got a mint low mileage phase 1 here as well :wink:

My 182 is a Cat C. Not sure how much I'd be able to get for it, as good as it is mechanically and cosmetically.

182 x 6 & Mk4 200
I will have a 182 Ph 1 for sale, its being MOT'd and serviced next Wednesday, the out come of that will depend on its worth but I guess it will be around £1500.
Don't have any photos at present and can't remember the mileage but can do both tomorrow, PM me if your interested. I do know its got factory sat nav but I can't get it to work.

Megane R26
I will have a 182 Ph 1 for sale, its being MOT'd and serviced next Wednesday, the out come of that will depend on its worth but I guess it will be around £1500.
Don't have any photos at present and can't remember the mileage but can do both tomorrow, PM me if your interested. I do know its got factory sat nav but I can't get it to work.

Is that a typo? I'm after a ph1 172.

Clio 172
Why don't you stick your 182 on ebay at what you think it's worth? You never know you might be surprised.

Must admit though I can't see the appeal of going to a ph1, horrid dated looking front end compared to a ph2 IMO.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Saw OPs 182 tonight and loved it. Looked great paintwork to me, sounded good as pulled away
Being Cat C wouldnt bother me, but for the age of these motors you dont buy thinking you are gonna resell TBH- well i wouldnt