ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 1.4 16V exhaust, waht's the difference ?

Clio 182 FF
I have a Clio with K4Jc710 engine. It's an 1390ccm 16 valve engine.

I bought an Clio 182 double drumed (I think it's not a right term, but I don't know how it called) exhaust. I cut it to two peaces and I'm about to change it with my original 1.4 exhaust drum.

But, when I went to the exhaust repairer, he said, he didn't suggest this change, because the two exhaust drum (?) are same, only the shape is different.

I don't want plus hp, or anything els, just a littlebit diffrent sound. for example, in higher rpm a littlebit harder sound, just like 182.

Is it celar, what I mean ? :eek:

and in pics:

??????bloody hell only one word for that? CHEAPNASTYCRAPWOULDNOTBOTHERBUYAPROPERAFTERMARKETONEBLOODYBODGERWHATTHEFUCK!!!!!

320d
It won't be any louder. The reason the 182's are a little louder is its just a bigger engine with a little bit more induction noise. Exhausts are basically silent on them standard.

Clio 1.6 16v
Its the engine sound mainly on a standard system im afraid mate, i cant see it making any difference in sound or performance in honesty :)

Your best of just getting an aftermarket system for it! its what i did for my 1.6!

did you buy that exhuast then cut it up, if so wasted your money by doing that to it.

Why didnt you just buy a pre made exhaust to fit your model? want noise get and induction kit.

Clio 182 FF
'cause here, a normal exhaust systems's prices are near 500£. so I thnik I can use the 182 backbox to get a littlebit "sportish" sound. I don't want loud and noisy exhaust...

I'm a student, I aint have money. : )
I got this backbox for 15£.