ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 /CUP owners please....

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i know this has been written about before ....but does anyone still have the kangeroo effect when they first start their car up......even after the run in period.....ive done nearly 10,000 miles now and it does it every morning and every evening.....am loathed to take to the dealer for them to break....has got more frequent recently, wasnt as bad when i first had it.

Ziel Nurburgring

Kangeroo? You mean where it hesitates when cold or restarting after its been left for a little while when hot?

Think its the car protecting it self from damage, so you cant rag it from cold

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i found that since ive had the exhaust its less noticable.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

bloody thing....i am a good girl i do let it warm up before i play....but i do look a bit of a muppet at the traffic lights outside work sometimes......kangerooing across the road......:oops:

its just the cold start program on the ecu so the car passes emmissions, runs as lean as possible so until the car is up to temp it wont be as smooth. learn some throttle control and stop maoning ;)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

LOL !.......doesnt matter what i do with my feet...it still does it !......

....oh well it doesnt last long i suppose.....temp gets up really quickly...much quicker than any other car ive owned

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Yep, always had this with my 172.

Interestingly it seems to have gone away since I put the RSport ECU in. Presumably this is a little less concerned with emissions and doesnt run so lean when cold?

172 Cup

I never get any symptoms like this in my Cup. Granted its not as eager first thing in the morning but its not lumpy or hesitant at all.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yep, mine is a fookin nightmare. 5-10 minute wait until warmed up. Every morning and night.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Does it with my 182 but i never seemed to have any problems with my 172. Embarassed myself trying to boot out of the work car park a couple of times but have now learnt from my mistakes!!!

takes about 5 mins to warm up, dont rag it till the temp gauge gets nice and level on the dial :) ,as for the kangaroo effect i would put that down to the drivers foot control on accelerator and clutch

Yaris Hybrid

No problems with mine but then I never try to give it a welly full when its cold.

It starts fine and isnt lumpy.

Perhaps if I put my foot down when it is cold I might notice it but then I would have to be a bit of a pratt to do that.

If it is not running properly even when driving it gently then I would take it to the dealer and get it sorted.

200 cup (van blanc)

clutch seems a bit snatch (is that a real word?) for the first half mile in the morning, but thats all i can grumble about in the morning!!!!!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

...just for the record....i dont boot it when its cold ....and i can control the clutch etc.....it just does it anyway.....

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 22 October 2004
i found that since ive had the exhaust its less noticable.

It came without an exhaust?! ;) Renault are really slipping....

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 22 October 2004

pah, ive never had this problem!
Me either, only problem I have is it bogging down when cold, but it never kangaroos (queue for it it to start on mine)!

This happens to my 172 ... i posted about it last week. I thought it was a problem with my motor and booked it into reno (nov 5th was the earliest they could look at it). Surely they must know the car does this, when i rang them they said they would have to have the car in to check it!! Shows you just how rubbish sutton park coventry are imo.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thanks for all the info guy and gals.... :D....glad im not the only kangeroo in the country.......boooiiinnnngggg !!!!

clio 172 cup

Im glad I found this website and read this thread, ive not collected my mk1 172 yet but when I requested the test drive and started the engine it was quite stuttery and when i pulled away i could tell it was kangarooin so drove it slow for the first 5 min, now I no its normal and ill let it heat up every morning before driving away

Cheers everyone

Stephen

insignia

Only thing I notice in the morning when starting her up,is for the 1st five minutes the accelerator is like an on/off switch,but apart from that nothing

clio 182 sport
Glad i found this lol normally i dont really notice anything but y'day driving to work fookin hell lol was kangarooin all up the road, must have looked proper funny, i was worried something might be up!!

04BGFF182CLIORS
I was under the impression they all drive like a bag of shite for the first 5 minutes?

I always, without fail let it do its warm up procedure before setting off, dont go anywhere near 5k until the needles in the middle and give it 30+ seconds to wind down if ive driven it hard (more advisable in turbo cars, but good practice)