ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, 106 Rallye, 135i & GSXR 600 up Hartside

Italian 3.2 V6
All I can say is the 106 is epic. Here's a few pictures.

8523541129_bf4b9f3bc9_z.jpg

Hartside drive by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8524658938_43070fd89f_z.jpg

8523549603_e51169fb60_z.jpg

8523554967_1e6fdd44c1_z.jpg

8524672832_3031aa2c49_z.jpg

8524683742_848480be28_z.jpg

8524685276_c5bf56a931_z.jpg

Piers.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
The rallye is mine, there's a thread in the general and motorsport media about it. Standard engine is a 1.3 8v with 100bhp mine is a 1.6 16v jp4/j4 hybrid motor with approx 140bhp and short ratio box good for 120mph on the limiter in 5th. Very evenly matched with piers' 182 and yes we did have fun on those roads today, rallye is a bit of a handful on the cold damp roads!
russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's right mate, series 2's are less special IMO, just the same to look at as a gti with a vtr motor basically. S1 has a lot of unique parts and was built to homologate the rally cars.
Russ

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I had some fun with piers in my saxo on the way up there a few weeks back, shame I could'nt go flat out down to penrith as my brakes aren't very good

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks guys :)

The 106 is ever so slightly quicker on the straights, but nothing in it in the 'twistys' great evenly matched cars tbh. but the Rallye has the edge for me, being 'old school' and having a lively rear end. Looked so much fun to drive when I was chasing it over Hartside! So raspy and pops for fun through the gear changes. Very enjoyable to chase!

blackgold - yea u will have to join us next time!

197 RB
Sold my S1 106 a few months ago. Still miss it :( very hard to replace that feeling of old French hatch. The 172 Cup would capture a lot of that feeling though I think. ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Piers - Will do mate, just drop me a pm when you're thinking of going over and I'll come up.

As for the s1 rallye, Black is the only s1 rallye colour I haven't owned, I used to have a stone mint white s1 with a 16v in and that thing flew, there's nothing quite like hussling a 106/saxo down a back road. I think the fact that one slip up and your dead kind of makes it more exciting for me. I always felt my s1's were more stable on the back end, cant remember if it was the s1's that had the thicker torsion bars on then as well as thicker ARB?

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a white s1 previously aswell just a 1.3 though and a couple of s2's. s2's have a thicker rear arb so are a bit stiffer on the back, I've got a one in mine now aswell. Turns in really fast but can be nervous in the damp but that's how I like it setup.
Russ