ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18" Turini Clio R27

Been looking for a decent set of wheels for my r27 but options seem limited. Found a 18" set of Turini's ( K-tec ) and wondered if anyone fitted them yet. Would love to see some pics.

Any thoughts on looks, handling and price? ( 250 each )

Thanks

Clio MK 4
could be wrong but is this k-tecs car? Think these may only be 17"

fcs018.jpg

Looking good. Figured that white on a yellow r27 might even be better. If only the price was right. Haven't seem them for sale anywhere else though.

How would they affect handling? Like fitting 17" on a 172 cup?

k-tec seem to think they are fine, and a lot of people run 18" meggy wheels fine to. Wouldnt go white on yellow though

ValverInBits
Is that Ktec car running without spacers??

25mm spacers should be standard fit on 197s. It's the best way to improve the look of the car.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
How would they affect handling? Like fitting 17" on a 172 cup?

TBH. 1 inch either way is never going to make a night and day difference good or bad.

Those who say 17" kills the handling on Clio2's have probably either never tried it, or have used bad rubber (aka the tyres that usually come with new wheels).

ValverInBits
disagree Mark, having seen a couple running 25mm spacers now, I think 25mm is too much!

agree 25mm is a lot, not sure about too much.
I just think the 197 looks as though it's had wider arches fitted without having the track changed from the 1.2 models. Even though that's not the case....needs spacing;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
TBH. 1 inch either way is never going to make a night and day difference good or bad.

Those who say 17" kills the handling on Clio2's have probably either never tried it, or have used bad rubber (aka the tyres that usually come with new wheels).

100% agree! Imo 17's were brillaint on track!

Personally I think they look awful on a mk3 clio. They suit the mk2 a treat though.

:eek: You need new contracts Craig!