ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18"s on a clio

who's done it?

Can I See some pics please, mk3 would be especially helpful.

also, how does it drive on them?

Thnx in advance.

EP3 Civic Type R
We had this question the other day.... search my friend. SEAAAAARCH!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
18's will look daft unless the car has been lowered/modified to match.

tbh, the 17's you have posted above look a bit much.

^^ agreed.

18's make it look like a tractor, 17's max. ideally 16's with a big ish tyre profile n a nice drop

Dervvv
if u eva hav a reali small friend (midget) ul needa get them a ladder to get in n out..

dont put 18s on it friend done it and gives nutin but a uncomfie ride

dont think 18s would look tht bad on the mk3 with the bigger wheel arches but would need slammed and with a fuller face on the wheel. multispokes would look gash in 18s imo, especially in silver.

Im not lowering my fuckin car. lowering it is everyones answer on here to everything. it f**k's the performance up, causes a bumpy ride, f***s your suspension, and is a c**t to go over speed bumps.

98 Honda Civic EJ9
Im not lowering my f**kin car. lowering it is everyones answer on here to everything. it f**k's the performance up, causes a bumpy ride, f**ks your suspension, and is a c**t to go over speed bumps.

yet you want 18s:S

18's will f**k the performance up anyway m8 put 18's on his mini an his acceleration reduced an its bumpy enuf anyways. plus it wont fuk ur suspension up if u do it right

u may as well get the car lowered i recommend goin doin bout 45mm on springs or 60-70mm on coilovers. nice sized drop reckon.

Chocolate Bar™
Im not lowering my f**kin car. lowering it is everyones answer on here to everything. it f**k's the performance up, causes a bumpy ride, f**ks your suspension, and is a c**t to go over speed bumps.

you obviously dont know much about lowering suspension then :S

if your talking about people who fit s**t springs fair enough, get a decent suspension kit preferably coilovers and itll handle like its on rails

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
the only way you f**k your suspension up is if you just put springs on n thats only after time! if your that bothered put a full kit on doesnt do anything to the car's performance other than make it handle 10x better

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
I actually think 18"s could look quite smart, would give your card very strange look tho and would handle like s**t

yet you want 18s:S

No, I wanted to see a picture of a clio with 18's, just out of interest.

you obviously dont know much about lowering suspension then :S

You're right, I don't have a clue about it, but I do work in the car trade and hear the same thing from everyone, never heard any posotive until I came here.

^
roflmao - listen to Middo. If you just put the 18's on your car & don't lower it, not only will it look crap, but the handling won't be anywhere near as good as if it was lowered a bit (on a good set up)

Chocolate Bar™
Seriously go on any car enthusiast site and you'll see the same, only time it doesnt apply is when you have something like a trophy where it has mint suspension as standard, unfortunatly a mk3 clio isnt upto the same standard ;)

197 on 18s lowered on H&R coilovers

DSC00128.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182

suffer with tourettes do we??

agree with Middo.

18s will look stupid, will make the ride worse than it already is and affect whatever performance you have already.

Your car needs lowering to make the wheels look bigger, they appear lost in those arches.

You can get a lowering kit that will perform just as well as your OEM one if you dont go stupidly low and buy a decent make.