ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18’s

I know this is probably a common question, but Im toying with the idea of putting 18s on my clio. The only problem is would I need a horrendous amount of arch work done and how much can it feasibly be lowered by (at the moment it is lowered by 45mm)?? Oh yeah and its a 1994 rsi if that helps!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks- JILL

Because the non-16v models dont have flared arches, there will be a lot of work needed if you wanted to fit 18s.

I have a 1997 1.4 and there is no way I could fit 18s on my car without seriously hacking at the arches.

I know someone (Juss I think) fitted 17s with a small drop and said it was ok, but unless you are really determined and are prepared to pay a bodyshop to have a good go at your arches, I wouldnt go as big as 18s. (Just my opinion though)

There is a Blue RT somewhere on the renaultsportsclub forum who has got 18s and I think a 60mm drop, it can be done but I think coilovers would be essential.

Marcus

BMW 320d Sport

Its a lot of work on an RSi! In fact it was a lot of work on my valver! Just off the top of my head, if you wanted to do the job properly with money no object, youd go for coilovers for starters, then either severely roll out the arches or start chopping into them and reconstructing them a lot wider. Plus the sh*tguards obviously have to go and you might need to chop back the inner part of the bumper and the subframe. You have to remember that the narrowest tyre youll get is a 215/35/18. Thats a lot of tyre and it barely fits in my 16v flared arches. In fact it doesnt, I had to cut them.