ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172vs182

ST170
Nope, gotta be cruel to be kind. Seriously though, pretty much the same car. My mate has a 172 I had a 182. 182 a tiny, tiny bit faster but not really noticeable on the road.

Remember, search is your friend ;)

As much as I would love to jump on the bandwagon and post a silly responce this forum over recent times has shown a distinct unwelcomeness to new new members.
Hayley, the 172 vs 182 debate is a massive can of worms, either do a search above or pay a fiver and become a Cliosport club member (you can do it on the menu on the left hand side under paid subscriptions).
In the members section there is a very detailed guide on all the differences between the RS Clio's which will probably tell you all there is to know.

Clio 1.2 16v
As much as I would love to jump on the bandwagon and post a silly responce this forum over recent times has shown a distinct unwelcomeness to new new members.
Hayley, the 172 vs 182 debate is a massive can of worms, either do a search above or pay a fiver and become a Cliosport club member (you can do it on the menu on the left hand side under paid subscriptions).
In the members section there is a very detailed guide on all the differences between the RS Clio's which will probably tell you all there is to know.

I was just writing this

valver
if you can afford a 182 then personally id take one over a 172. looks wise and i love the seats, but perfomance wise not much difference at all.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
if you can afford a 182 then personally id take one over a 172. looks wise and i love the seats, but perfomance wise not much difference at all.

Looks? you on about the gash exhausts? ;)

The stealth system is much preferred on here rather than the wheel barrow handles on the 182. Mainly because they steam up the rear window and they look a bit boy racer and you tend to get chavs in 1.0 Corsa's try it on at the lights.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
best thing to do is test drive both :) i own a 172 but think the 182 with cups packs is a better car :)

172 clio
no i dont own a 172 im looking for one but i dindnt know asking a question like this was so not aloud u lot r a buch of txxts who like to give a girl a hard time good job i cant c ya id kick ur asses lol

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
wouldn't be the first time! just got to read through the site and make your own mind up! theyre all different in their own way! and so are the owners! essentially the same car marketed at different people

Some people need to realise that not everyone is a Clio geek.

Very few people join and know everything about each model/spec etc.

You dont need to be so harsh because shes asking a bit of advice.

106 GTi
Apart from appearance and spec levels there us very little differences in them on the road.

I would make you judgements firstly if you like the phase 1 or 2 shapes first up, then on what level of spec you want, do you what climate over aircon, are leather, xenons and abs important to you, what colour takes your fancy (as different colours only appeared on some cars) , do you like the exhausts on a 182 etc.

Then most importantly get and drive some.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I really dislike the 182 wheels they look awful to me, although i would imagine its now easier to buy a 182 with turinis rather than the standard ones. I really think a standard 172 in iceberg silver looks soo good.

The 182 has the twin exhaust which at first i wasnt too sure about, now though i am non-descript.

I think the interiors of the two cars are exactly the same also so nothing to consider on the inside.

Now I wouldnt buy one car nor another based on the above points, I would attempt to buy the one in best condition with lowest mileage.