ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs. standard cooper s (r50)

clio 182
i've a 182, and next door has a cooper-s (s'charged.) the early s'ss were 163 bhp and the later were 170bhp. his is the 170, they are fairly matched on performance and handleing, i have pulled away but very slightly from him, the biggist smile for me is mine 54 reg his 05.... i saved over £3000 on buying it!!! clio wins every time! the fact is clios are cheap and cheerfull, just like clarkson said on top gear when he'd finnished spanking a 182 round their track!

Can't beat em imo!

Renaultsport 200
lol at this thread and all the talk of e-penis.

I think to make things even more simple than they already are we should include CTR's, 206 GTi 180's, 197 in both cup and FF versions and ST's (if we must) oh and chitty chitty bang bang

Now which "noob" would like to start to discuss all these cars?

On second thought. Lock this sh1te

A Flamin' Red one
At the end of the day, which self respecting man purchases a (BMW) Mini over a Renaultsport?

Which ever way you look at them, they're incredibly gay. If you stuck Michael Cane in one now he'd look homosexual.

Renaultsport 200
I agree. I also wouldnt buy one because the company got rid of 800 workers with an hours notice and no payout!

Tangoed Works
lol at how this thread as turned out.

what i dont get are these "gay" comments & "s**t c***s car" i owned a 182 for almost 3 years, but now i own a cooper all of a sudden I'm gay s**t c**t according to some on here... LMAO at that!

btw i raced a standard cooper s back in the day and in 4th the clio was pulling on it nicely, although the slipstream may have had something to do with it.

i think the simple answer is the clio is a little faster standard for standard (not by a country mile), but a simple reduction pulley on the mini for £260 fitted will see it nearly pushing 200bhp.

Im glad i didnt modify the engine in my clio, its all about cornering speed in them, awesome out of the box cars, but the minis have far more style.

Suzuki Swift Sport
My supercharged one was faster than 172 cup and 172 ff, without a doubt, level upto 80 then pulled away from the clios.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
lol at this thread and all the talk of e-penis.

I think to make things even more simple than they already are we should include CTR's, 206 GTi 180's, 197 in both cup and FF versions and ST's (if we must) oh and chitty chitty bang bang

Now which "noob" would like to start to discuss all these cars?

On second thought. Lock this sh1te

I'll start.

I reckon I'd piss all over Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had a 172 and a 182 and both pulled a wee bit over the old cooper s my mate had.

But only just.

The new ones with the turbo are quick though.

Elise 111R
had a S now have a 182.

Preferred sitting in my S, looked and felt a nicer car to be in at the time.

However with the RF tyres the 182 is much easier to drive on the B roads.

Think the 182 is quicker once going, feels it, BUT the S sounded nuts compared to the 182 and 1st gear pull to 30 put supercars to shame... ;)