ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs. standard cooper s (r50)

Tav

Clio 197
I love how many people don't have a clue what they are talking about, Clio Sport...home of misinformation...

Clio 172's bhp per ton > 163.11

Min Cooper S's > 143.50

The Cooper is a little heavier than the 172 but still bvery capable all the same.

I like them but i prefer my 172

TBH the 172 works out about 150bhp/ton. That's using 165bhp and 1120kg. Plus bhp/ton doesn't factor in gear ratios. I don't know if the Minis make their claimed figures though.

Anyway though, if we're talking performance, the only comparison I have is that my 182 was quite noticeably quicker at the higher end than the old Cooper S when I had a good long run with one. He was quicker in 2nd gear exits but once the Clio was breathing properly again it would pull him in without too much bother.

I owned a 2003 Cooper S Works (210) for 5 years and 96,000 miles. Swapped it for a Trophy last Feb. Of the two the Works was quicker in a straight line (0-100 16.5s, would do an indicated 150mph on a derestricted road) and pulled far better at low revs but then with a heap more torque it should. Once you get 5000rpm on the clock in the Trophy it would be a match for the Works. The Trophy does handle far better as you'd expect. Round the right track there wouldn't be much in it.

Don't regret for a minute getting the Trophy but do miss the low down grunt and whine of the Cooper S supercharger.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Noones mentioned yet the cheap tuning of a supercharged mini yet, its very easy and very cheap to see 210bhp.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
The standard Cooper S (MK2) is 175bhp (1.6 turbo) and if you think it's 'way quicker' than a 172Cup you're wrong.

If you disagree, lets see your 'FACTS'.

I expect the JCW model would be quicker from around 60 onwards.

oi noob head! read the message before trying to be smart...:nono: I said r56 JWC.. btw r56 JWC is 1.6 but it has 208 bhp u noob not 175. it does 6.3s from 0-60 whereas a 172 cup only does 6.7s. :rasp::rasp: Now thats a fact..
Lets see your facts then??? loser! lol

Thats a fact but it all comes down to the driver and depends on how precise the driver is. So its quite open to be honest.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
oi noob head! read the message before trying to be smart...:nono: I said r56 JWC.. btw r56 JWC is 1.6 but it has 208 bhp u noob not 175. it does 6.3s from 0-60 whereas a 172 cup only does 6.7s. :rasp::rasp: Now thats a fact..

Thats a fact but it all comes down to the driver and depends on how precise the driver is. So its quite open to be honest.

Although your "Fact" is correct, your post comes across like your name, childish as f**k.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Well i am just a kid and growing and learning. I am just trying to get my point across and i did it in a different perspective. Btw its call humour so deal with it boy or actually old man, cant deal with it then dont post.
By you swearing, says alot about being mature u pikey. :D :JOKE: Since you find it hard to understand that different people have different sense of humour.

MCS R56

And this fact has anything to do with the title?

I didn't think so. Relevance - none. Fact.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
And this fact has anything to do with the title?

I didn't think so. Relevance - none. Fact.

haha here goes another noob. Read my message properly. I was stating the fact about cooper s JWC and 172 and it escalated to that. By you commenting on my message. Revalance- 110% NOt. Fact! :nono:

I am not trying to come across as rude but i just stated my fact. I do apologise with the comments if it came across as rude.

MCS R56
haha here goes another noob. Read my message properly. I was stating the fact about cooper s JWC and 172 and it escalated to that. By you commenting on my message. Revalance- 110% NOt. Fact! :nono:

I am not trying to come across as rude but i just stated my fact. I do apologise with the comments if it came across as rude.

Not sure what your noob comments are trying to achieve but I 100% realise that you were referring to the JWC. My point is, it has no relevance to the comparison in the title, which is what is meant to be discussed. You clearly are running on ret@rd strength.

What has the JCW got to do with anything? That's my point.

lil_clio_boi - says it all really.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T

A real storm in a tea-cup aren't you spunk bubble !?

The only problem here is the standard of your English. Do you have learning difficulties? If you can't express yourself like a normal human being then that's your problem not mine. Maybe you could get your carer to type it up next time.

As for these facts regarding the Works model, what are you telling me that for? I never said it was 175bhp you f**king dick!

Astra Twintop
A real storm in a tea-cup aren't you spunk bubble !?

The only problem here is the standard of your English. Do you have learning difficulties? If you can't express yourself like a normal human being then that's your problem not mine. Maybe you could get your carer to type it up next time.

As for these facts regarding the Works model, what are you telling me that for? I never said it was 175bhp you f**king dick!

37 posts in and dishing out the abuse!

Cooper S JCW's sound superb

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
37 posts in and dishing out the abuse!

Cooper S JCW's sound superb

37 posts, blah, blah, blah.

Have you read the entire thread?

By the way, I joined just after you did last year and I had a previous user name (not that it even matters).

TVR Cerbera
I wanna go.... little boy.....

the thread started as 172 vs cooper s. you turned it into jcw vs cup. slightly different really. I'll up the stakes then, My clio cup vs jcw cooper. jcw owned. fact

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
37 posts, blah, blah, blah.

Have you read the entire thread?

By the way, I joined just after you did last year and I had a previous user name (not that it even matters).

Oh it does, your post count has a direct relation to the size of your meat beater on this forum, anything below 39 posts are your not aloud to voice anything that could be seen as abusive, regardless of the fact that the target is a complete and utter tosser.

Please refrain from such actions in future to avoid people with higher post counts and therefore bigger e-penise's from criticising you for doing so, i shouldn't even be saying what i have as my e-penis is nowhere near the lengths of these 1000 post count people, There's at least 50 ron jeremy's on this site.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Oh it does, your post count has a direct relation to the size of your meat beater on this forum, anything below 39 posts are your not aloud to voice anything that could be seen as abusive, regardless of the fact that the target is a complete and utter tosser.

Please refrain from such actions in future to avoid people with higher post counts and therefore bigger e-penise's from criticising you for doing so, i shouldn't even be saying what i have as my e-penis is nowhere near the lengths of these 1000 post count people, There's at least 50 ron jeremy's on this site.

f**king PMSL
Some truth in it though...

LOL.
You're abusing your small internet penis massively against an even smaller internet penis.
Please put it away. No-one wants to read your semi-self-loving loving posts.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
I wanna go.... little boy.....

the thread started as 172 vs cooper s. you turned it into jcw vs cup. slightly different really. I'll up the stakes then, My clio cup vs jcw cooper. jcw owned. fact

lol. Mate i am going to come to you as very nice ok cause if you did follow the thread and read like a literate person, some of the users did not know that the `r56 was the turbo'd version hence why i explained it! So please refrain from posting if you are not clear.

And for racing, please get an M3 and when you do, please drop me a pm yea . Or an evo and will see how the race will go. Thanks. :D

MCS R56
lol. Mate i am going to come to you as very nice ok cause if you did follow the thread and read like a literate person, some of the users did not know that the `r56 was the turbo'd version hence why i explained it! So please refrain from posting if you are not clear.

And for racing, please get an M3 and when you do, please drop me a pm yea . Or an evo and will see how the race will go. Thanks. :D

Good response when talking about literacy. Is this race against your Mini that you currently own?

I'm loving the forum hierarchy that doesn't exist. Somone show me the rules of posts vs. slagging, and when you become a 'Ron Jeremy' because who ever thought of that is a genius and needs hiring! Unless you are talking about the fat, baldy b&stard who probably has to stick his massive c**k up his own a$$ in order to get any. I'm not sure it was a great analogy.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
LOL.
You're abusing your small internet penis massively against an even smaller internet penis.
Please put it away. No-one wants to read your semi-self-loving loving posts.

semi-self loving? Jesus, my post was a joke, i couldn't care if my internet penis is similar in size to that of a peanut, its the real thing that counts! :rasp:

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Good response when talking about literacy. Is this race against your Mini that you currently own?

I'm loving the forum hierarchy that doesn't exist. Somone show me the rules of posts vs. slagging, and when you become a 'Ron Jeremy' because who ever thought of that is a genius and needs hiring! Unless you are talking about the fat, baldy b&stard who probably has to stick his massive c**k up his own a$$ in order to get any. I'm not sure it was a great analogy.

Dude you got serious issues. haha. Gotta relax abit. Wasnt even implying to you so why bother posting. When did i say i had a Mini? This is why i meant by illiterate people. LOL. I'm out. Have fun.!

TVR Cerbera

Find yourself an M3 or Evo and i'll race it mate. my clio will happily keep up with them. I've raced scoobys and skylines at santa pod, although the cup isn't quicker, but very close (to skylines, scoobys aren't competition)

MCS R56
Dude you got serious issues. haha. Gotta relax abit. Wasnt even implying to you so why bother posting. When did i say i had a Mini? This is why i meant by illiterate people. LOL. I'm out. Have fun.!

Okay, you are right, I shouldn't have commented. However, please don't ever comment on literacy again. And get your school teacher to check your post before replying.

I am now relaxed with no issues.

Z4
lol 0-60 is bolloks anyway. Too much relies on traction, gearing, marketing, and the driver on the day.

It's all about power to weight ratio.

Clio Sport 2.0 mk2
The Clio RS is almost standard. It only has intake and muffler but it is more than enough to make a comparison.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Them boys were certainly going at a fare old rate of knots.

The mods on the clio count for s**t really anyway. Be interested to know what the cooper was putting out as usualy a replacement supercharger pulley give 200bhp+ doesn't it?

320d
Yes it does however it is still not enough to pass a Clio RS :)

A 200bhp mini would give a bhp/ton of 175. I'm sure that would be sufficient to pass any standard RS Clio.

£495 in a mini will see 210bhp, they are very tunable.

Mountune Tractor
lol at this barry boys thread, proper childish.

I've owned both, standard they are roughly the same. The End.

CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE