ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 upper inlet on 182, no carbon canister Vacuume?

So I have fitted a new upper inlet on my 182 today and it has no take-off for the carbon canister, I am assuming that it's a 172 manifold because of this.
I have given in a quick drive and all seems fine ( with carbon canister not connected to anything ). Can anyone see I problem of just running with it disconnected?

Ben.

master,meg, 205 maxi
you could suffer fuel tank pressurizing if the purge canister is not connected as when you are cruzing the engine ecu pulses the purge canister and looks at the up stream lambda value to see if there is any pressure/vapour in the tank if it sees no change it will not try to purge the tank ? or you could get a fuel smell when it does try to purge the acf?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
You should have one, it's just in a different place.
i fitted a 172 inlet on my 182 Trophy when I changed the engine, you just need to reroute the pipe.

No fuel smell as yet, seems to run better too?!? Ill have look at lunch and see if I can locate the connection, although I would have thought would idle like a b***h if had had something disconnected?