ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 track days brake help

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
hi

can anyone recommend a brake kit for my clio 172.its running the standard 15's and would really like an ap kit but there isnt one available.
ive spoken to a few people at track days above the willwood kits but they said they wernt realy upto the job.
the car is going to be driven hard on tracks so needs to stop well if possible

any help would be great

regards
sam

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Atm i'm running a set of Compbrake 4 pots, great stopping power, and a lot then the standard brakes :)

hi mate

do they fit under standrad 15's on there site it says 16's min

also just noticed you live in chandlers ford i grew up there small world aint it

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well IIRC they fit under 15'' speedline 2118's, not sure about standard Renault wheels though.

Yes mate it is a small world, i've been living in Hiltingbury/valley park now for the last 3 years.

You need to try that car out on a track not just Poles Lane Fletcher...

Got a few slots free at FCS ;)

On my old 172 I ran Brembo Max discs, Greenstuff pads, braided lines and willwood HT fluid.
At brands hatch I could brake much much later and deeper, in fact I was using the same braking points as the Megane 225 did with it's fancy setup :)

would really like an ap kit but there isnt one available.

Hello, Have we met !?

Fitted2118s4.gif

APRacing1824PotKit1.gif

APRacing1824PotKit2.gif

BlackvsRedCaliper1.gif

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Well IIRC they fit under 15'' speedline 2118's, not sure about standard Renault wheels though.

Yes mate it is a small world, i've been living in Hiltingbury/valley park now for the last 3 years.

kool cant say ive seen your car around do you drive it as an everyday car?

no im not a trader, nothing will fit under the F1's on the ph1 172 as the wheels have such a large inner lip, a massive spacer would be needed i think.

Would be cheaper to buy some 15" speedline's and swap your tyres over

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
no im not a trader, nothing will fit under the F1's on the ph1 172 as the wheels have such a large inner lip, a massive spacer would be needed i think.

Would be cheaper to buy some 15" speedline's and swap your tyres over

ok thank you.
could you pm the price you payed for your ap set up please and who you got them from.also any idea where to get some new wheels lol

regards
sam

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Yes mate, atm i share it with my girlfriend and she comutes to work in it most days.

What car have you got??

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member

Yes mate, atm i share it with my girlfriend and she comutes to work in it most days.

What car have you got??

ive just bought a clio 172 but now live near portsmouth as its closer to my work.
i used to live in the flats next to chandlers ford train station had series one rs turbo at the time.
how old are you if you dont mind me asking?we may have gone to school together lol
regards
sam