ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 sputtering at 2k

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
hi all got my car back yesterday from having a clutch and a gearbox now it sputters/missfires at 2k in any gear.
on tickover its fine and past 2k its fine .it just seems whenever its under load/accelarating it decides to play up.

ive checked coil pack= fine
plugs= last month ngk platinums

the only thing i did change was the air filter

pls help lol

Black PH2 172
I put a ktr panel filter in that Clio so wud just need cleaning out. If im right in thinking didnt you put a cup gearbox in it?

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
No m8 it's just a 172 one nw she's all good it's just sputtering nw . I got a Simota induction kit for it . Maybe that could be the issue .

Clio 200 Cup
It might be a ball ache but maybe try changing back to standard induction.

Otherwise, sounds like it might be pulling in some air after the throttle body- make sure there aren't any stray breather or vacuum hoses that may have been pulled off the inlet.

Also, Im not sure why they would have removed it but make sure the inlet manifold is bolted on properly. You can check for leaks by spraying some WD40 around any joints with the engine idling. If there is a leak it'l pull in the WD mist and the engine note will change.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
It might be a ball ache but maybe try changing back to standard induction.

Otherwise, sounds like it might be pulling in some air after the throttle body- make sure there aren't any stray breather or vacuum hoses that may have been pulled off the inlet.

Also, Im not sure why they would have removed it but make sure the inlet manifold is bolted on properly. You can check for leaks by spraying some WD40 around any joints with the engine idling. If there is a leak it'l pull in the WD mist and the engine note will change.

nice touch m8am gunna give that ago tomoz,fuckin car has caused me nothin but trouble these last few weeks lol but im gunna persist n not let it beat me

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Make sure everything is plugged in correctly especially the MAP Sensor.